I am adding news syndication to an existing set of four separate WordPress sites - one parent and three children. I bought Autoblog for that purpose and have had success in importing the relevant feed.
However, the sites are multilingual using the WPML plugin. The new posts are added to the child site (only testing with one so far) but don't show up. Looking around I see that the issue appears to be a lack of language_code in the icl_translations table - and indeed if I manually add en in there the post appears.
The problem is regardless of whether I enable the WPML languages Addon or not it doesn't populate this field (or make any other changes in the db).
I have a rough working knowledge of php and can see what the file is trying to do but even if I change the value in
$sitepress->set_element_language_details($post_id, $el_type='post_post', null , $language_code, null);
from $language_code to a hard-coded 'en' it still adds nothing to the database suggesting it's not running at all - though my lack of knowledge means I'm not sure how to test that...