Autoblog + "Youtube Feed Import"

I was wondering what to do in this case scenario:

I am using Autoblog + “YouTube Feed Import” and it is doing what it is supposed to do which is to add a “YouTube video to the beginning of a post”. However in this case, the post consists of an article with multiple YouTube embedded videos. What do I do in this case? How do I import the other YouTube videos? Is there a work around?

Site: http://tinyurl.com/zrpbsdh

I’ve tried this solution however it doesn’t seem to work:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-autoblog-import-embedded-youtube-video#post-530602

Thanks in advance

PS – Support access granted

• OneMoon
    • Flash Drive

As for the thumbnails, make sure to check the plugin add-ons and turn “Featured Image Import” ON. In my case it was my WordPress installation that got corrupted so after a fresh install the issue was solved.

Concerning the videos I decided to post only the 1st video on a series after I read this wpmudev’s article :

Best Practices for Pulling in Feeds:

If you plan on building a reputable site, then the following are recommended:

Ask permission to use the feed.

Use excerpts, not the full post.

Link back to the original post.

Use a do-follow link.

I hope this helps :wink:

• OneMoon
    • Flash Drive

Actually, I did not realize however I am still having issues with the Autoblog + Youtube feed

This is a brand new install, so I am puzzled. Would you be able to help me on this one?

I have granted access to the site in case someone wants to take a look.

This is the new link

Thanks in advance

• Luís
    • Support

Hi OneMoon ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

Are you trying to pull videos from a youtube channel? Or this is a “normal” WordPress feed?

Are you just getting the first video? Can you give me access to your admin panel, so I can check the feed and try it in my install?

If you don’t already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• OneMoon
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

I appreciate Luis help however he is busy or the only one answering tickets. He needs help! I really wished there were more agents available. I am new to wpmu premium so I don’t know if there is another method for getting faster help with plugins developed by this company (phone support?)… What to do next?

Thanks

• Luís
    • Support

Hi OneMoon ,

Sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

The “Youtube Feed Import” add-on allow us to import Youtube feeds, like channels, etc. This is a “standart” WordPress feed.

I tested this on my install and I was to import the video, however, as this a standart feed, it will not put the video on the beginning of the post, it will pull the entire content of the post.

Can you try edit your feed and in the “Post excerpts” section, change the field “Use full post or an excerpt” to “full post”?

Cheers, Luís

• OneMoon
    • Flash Drive

Hello Luis,

Thanks for your help.

If I change the feed to “full post” it will not only affect that article but all articles imported. I do not want to import the full posts really… Any other suggestions?

PD – by the way (unrelated) I am not getting notification emails. I emailed support a few days ago but have not heard back…

• Samantha LaRue
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi John,

Sam here from the email team. :wink: I received your original email on the 22nd and responded to it at that time. I also just sent a response to your follow up email, but wanted to comment here and let you know that we aren’t ignoring you! Do you have a simple gmail address that you can use on your profile instead? Hopefully this latest email will go through and we’ll be able to continue our discussion there.

-Sam

• Luís
    • Support

Hi OneMoon ,

Using the “Full post” option I can get the first video (because it use the “iframe” HTML tag), the other videos use a different structure “data-videoid” attribute, maybe it’s possible using custom code.

I flagged the SLS team (our code experts :slight_smile: ) to investigate further and get their valuable feedback about this.

Since this team deals with more advanced threads it may take them longer to reply.

Cheers, Luís

• Lindeni Mahlalela
    • Recruit

Hello OneMoon.

I hope your are having a great day so far. I have noticed that it has been a long time since the last post on this thread.

I also noticed that the subdomain you requested help for is no longer available, I get a "Server not found" error and when I try to access the main site I get a "403: Forbidden" error. So I just want to confirm from you if you still need help with this issue on another domain or you no longer using your website.

If you do need help, we would love to help you, just update us with the domain on which you are using the Autoblog plugin so that we can help on that domain. I will be pleased to hear from you regarding this matter.

Please enjoy your day.

Cheers,

Mahlamusa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.