AutoBlogg only pulling 5 posts

i have tried to figure out why the autoblog only pulls 5 post from the feed sites... and i cant figure it out ... can someone point me in the right direction

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Salem,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

What have you set for the "Import the most recent" option of Autoblog Feed Processing as displayed in the attached screenshot?

Could you please share the feed URL from where you are importing the posts?

Also would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Salem

sorry about the response time, work, this on weekends,

question 1. do you change the syndication feed on the main site, or the sub site..

question 2. when the plugin pulls the post to the main site it is only pulling the text and not the images or the videos. i want it to pull ht images and the videos if they have them, or put a default image if not.
    i think i have the addons setting right for this, and they are:
    Allow Force Feed - Activated
    Append text to post - Not Activated
    CDN Mime filter - Not Activated
    Canonical link in header - Not Activated
    Check Feed Entries - Not Activated
    Clean Face - Not Activated
    Disable Sanitization - Activated
    Featured Image Import - Activated
    Image Import -Activated
    Open links in popup -Activated
    Post formats addon -Activated
    Replace Author Information
    Strip Images - Not Activated
    Twitter Add-on -Activated
    Use External Permalinks - Not Activated
    WPML Languages - Not Activated
    Youtube Feed Import - Not Activated

I wish there was some were that would explain these setting in greater detail, some a pretty explanatory, but some im lost on.

question 3. the twitter feed i want set up so that when a post get pulled from a sub site i would post to my main sites twitter page, i followed the instructions but i must have missed a spot.

question 4. is it possible to add the "Schedule Selected Content" Plugin so that the post are not pulled from the sub sites all at once and i get more of a mixed blend of post that are added to the main site post page...OR ..let me ask you this, if i set the autoblog feed setting to only pull one post every hour and set the date back as far as i can on the "start from this date" setting, would it pull the first post from that date forward or not?

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Salem,

question 1. do you change the syndication feed on the main site, or the sub site..

I am not sure regarding what change in syndication feed you are talking about so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

question 2. when the plugin pulls the post to the main site it is only pulling the text and not the images or the videos. i want it to pull ht images and the videos if they have them, or put a default image if not.
    i think i have the addons setting right for this, and they are:

The following YouTube feeds importer add-on adds YouTube video to the beginning of a post so it should be active.

Youtube Feed Import - Not Activated

Please make sure the feed you are importing contains images and videos so that it can be imported.

Also please configure properly the "Featured Image Importing" option of autoblog feed where you can also set the default thumbnail image to be used as shown in the attached screenshot.

question 3. the twitter feed i want set up so that when a post get pulled from a sub site i would post to my main sites twitter page, i followed the instructions but i must have missed a spot.

What instructions have you followed?

The "Twitter Add-on" just adds a Twitter post type and processes tweets to have correct links as described on this plugin page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/#product-usage

The twitter has deprecated the feed. For now the only way to get the feed is to query the JSON result for which you need the twitter consumer and secret keys that you have to add in the Twitter Add-on settings.

So it's for importing tweets from the feed to your site as a post and not to to post on your twitter page.

To post it on your twitter page you can try using any of the solutions posted on the following pages.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/sharepress/
    https://managewp.com/automatically-share-blog-posts
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/twitter-share

question 4. is it possible to add the "Schedule Selected Content" Plugin so that the post are not pulled from the sub sites all at once and i get more of a mixed blend of post that are added to the main site post page...OR ..let me ask you this, if i set the autoblog feed setting to only pull one post every hour and set the date back as far as i can on the "start from this date" setting, would it pull the first post from that date forward or not?

I think the second option will work setting "Override duplicates" to No in Feed Processing settings so could you please try it?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi