Autofocus Theme - Need help cleaning up altered CSS

I have changed the layout of the home images (posts) to reflect a vertical format as opposed to more horizontal. I pretty much have it all done except a few things are out of wack as a result of my playing around with the CSS. I searched through the CSS and tried things I thought would be applicable but without much luck.

I was wondering if someone could take a look at the attached image with notes and point me to the right css. The issues are noted on the attached image but I'll list here for searchable sake.

1 - blue color font is coming up in the title and nav type, not sure where it's coming from? It's not set in the autofocus options? maybe I changed it somewhere and cant find it

2- now that I changed the size of the images, the mouseover text boxes are out of line, I'm not sure where I can change them to line up with the new image size?

3 - a few of the borders or padding (not sure which) has dissappeared between a few of the images but are ok between others, cant figure out why?

4- I changed the big date size in the post images to be smaller but now I cant seem to change again. I think I changed it on line 389 - .page .post .bigdate but maybe not because it doesnt seem to work now.

5- I changed the images to be 2 rows and wider but for some reason the last image wont show

CSS and image with notes attached. Online can be viewed at :
http://zenstream.net/zenpress/

Thanks

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@camster: Whilst we do try and help with changes there is a limit to what we can do versus a custom job we'd recommend you get a developer for. We are also limited in our ability to support any custom changes you make. You say you have played with the CSS, that is a bit of an issue and we'd always suggest you do things one by one - nobody apart from yourself would be able to say what you had or hadn't changed just by looking at the site. I can recommend you use a tool known as firebug for your changes and to see where you've gone wrong. Here is a tutorial on using firebug:

http://buddydress.com/2010/06/firebug-installing-discovering-and-using-the-tutorial/

My suggestion would be to use that and find out each class / area you have a problem in. That or just revert to the original theme and work through each thing again. Often going back to basics is helpful when you have a lot of issues. You could even keep the files you have then add in each change one by one and see that would be my best advise as you've got quite the mix of issues here.

• camster
    • Flash Drive

Sure thing, I just thought whoever built the site would know which css is affecting the areas I'm having problems with. I have been doing one or two steps at a time but I guess I'm trying to do too much to the customization.

I'll check out the firebug I'm sure that'll help.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.