Automate: 404 error several time.

Automate IP is saved in the whitelist of wordfence and server firewall. I am getting a 404 error. Deactivating WF didn't help.
http://take.ms/uhAin

• 247web

Thanks for your tests - we finally narrowed it down to a plugin compatibility problem with https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-hide-security-enhancer/

All upgrades were fine yesterday after we deactivated that plugin. Will monitor / try same fix for other sites that have same problem.

Such a pity - do you perhaps know of a replacement for that type of security?

Thanks

• 247web

Hi Predrag

Any further news about this problem? Getting kinda desperate. I only have 5 days to decide whether to keep my WPMU subscription (renew). I cant keep switching off other plugins just to accommodate Automate - no matter how potentially useful - if it means me spending hours monitoring failures and upgrading by hand - defeats the entire purpose.

Now also picking up similar failures when Wp-SpamShield is installed (on its own).
    Also WPS Hide Login has the same failures.

Also - when there is an update failure, why does the green icon not turn red as a warning that something went wrong on the last automate process (in the same way that the backup or uptime icons turn red on the hub?

What times are used inside the email report that is received? Is it using my time setting in my profile / or my server time when the update took place - or other time? It also seems to be taking up to 6 hours sometime to get the email report (when summary set to "every update").

(Also trying to search the support system for the words "automate problem" shows pages and pages of invalid results info - perhaps someone can look at what is being displayed and also the lack of dates - no way to find how old a search result is?)

Thanks for your help.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi 247web,

I'm afraid I don't have any information about the fix for this, we are testing it on multiple installation and with different plugins that are changing WP structure in order to get better hold of the exact cause.
    There's also different errors caused by the above plugin on different installations so it's further prolonging our tests.

Also - when there is an update failure, why does the green icon not turn red as a warning that something went wrong on the last automate process (in the same way that the backup or uptime icons turn red on the hub?

I'm actually not 100% sure how the colors for automate are handled, I'll need to report this to our devs to check it out.

What times are used inside the email report that is received? Is it using my time setting in my profile / or my server time when the update took place - or other time?

Email reports should be following up when the process finishes and it depends on the time you have set for your profile on WPMU DEV site.
    Note that sometimes the process to finish everything can take longer time, especially if you have large site that needs more time to create a backup and if you have a lot of plugins that need to be updated.

Also trying to search the support system for the words "automate problem" shows pages and pages of invalid results info - perhaps someone can look at what is being displayed and also the lack of dates - no way to find how old a search result is?

Thanks for letting us know about this, I've cleared up some of those posts so you shouldn't be seeing them anymore in search results.
    We are looking into improving our search results and in the meantime you can also also use google with site specific search by using this before your search terms:
    site:premium.wpmudev.org/forums/

Best regards,
    Predrag