[Automate] Add Webhooks to Automate

It would be great to have the option to add a webhook field to Automate. We also run some additional testing on our sites, and it would be great to trigger these once Automate has updated plugins.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Threesides

I hope you're fine today and thank you for suggesting this!

Some "API ideas" were already suggested to us and there are plans to provide some API access for The Hub in future, though I'm not aware of the details yet.

As for this particular feature: the goal here is that Automate should be able to trigger some custom testing procedures on your site after updates, correct? Should that be only triggered after full successful updates or in any case (so successful or failed) and what if there's more than one plugin/theme update at the same time - should that be called out after each single plugin or after entire update?

Let me know, please, what do you think and I'll be happy to discuss that with our developers.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Tony G

Yes, it would be great. I absolutely agree with you. And I'm not saying it's not going to happen as with our newer plugins we started some serious "unification" - UI, API and some "under the hood" aspects too. There are also future plans that, I think, get into this area too. But it's all together quite complex (or rather: "really really complex") so I wouldn't expect "webhooks everywhere" to be available very soon and "everywhere at once". That's a great idea, but needs time.

Sometimes, however, some things might be provided earlier/faster/easier without waiting for the "complex solution"; sometimes "ahead" or "in parallel" to already established plans even. Hence my question. I'm not sure if it would be like that in this case but I'll gladly pass that to people in our Company who could possibly make it happen. I just want to be as specific as possible :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.