[Automate] Automate Disabling plugins

Hi,

I have found that the Automate updates are disabling plugins on the sites it is updating. We have a custom plugin which links to salesforce on some sites and it keeps disabling the plugin when updates are performed. We have been trying to track it down for some time but having turned off Automate and doing manual updates we no longer have the issue.

I'm not sure if there is anything that can be adjusted your end o if we just exclude those sites from automate.

Many thanks,
James

• Pawel

Hello James!

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

Are there any messages regarding your issue, for example in reports? Also, when you disable this plugin and enable it again in the WP admin, does it show any error messages?

If you want Automate to skip a plugin, you can disable automatic updates from the panel for this plugin. Please see attached screenshot. If you have tried it and the issue persists, I'd like to investigate it further.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Asset ICT

Hi Pawel,

Sorry for the delay, I replied via email but your system does not appear to support that.

We have added extra logging and we found nothing, there are no errors, the plugin activates again with no errors or issues when we manually activate it again. To be safe I have turned off automate completely as it appears it was disabling it even when there was no update for the plugin. It was, however, still set to check so haven't tried with it off.

Cheers,
    James

• Pawel

Hello James!

Thank you for the update. And apologies for the longer wait. We were having issues yesterday on the forum and I wasn't able to respond.

To be honest, from distance it seems like this should work just fine, but for some reason isn't - this situation always warrants a deeper look at what is happening.

Would you mind enabling Support Access so I can take a look at the site? Which plugin is it that gets disabled?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Cheers,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.