[Automate] Automate Order Theme Vs. Plugins

I love the Automate feature. However one thing that would be awesome is this – In situations with Avada framework for example. The theme needs 2 plugins to work. However when the theme is updated the 2 plugins need to be updated after the theme is updated.

It would be awesome if after the theme is updated another plugin sweep occurs. This will ensure the plugins are updated.

Thoughts?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Michael,

I’m not sure if I get the request correctly. When there are updates available then Automate will update themes and plugins. Automate runs every 3 hours by default so it won’t be missing updates of plugins if they are released in different periods.

Or do you want to have the option to set up a specific order when Automate runs – update themes and then plugins? Please let me know

kind regards,

Kasia

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Whenever the Avada theme is updated two needed plugins will also need an update. If the theme is updated at the same time as the the plugins the 2 plugins will not be updated until the next sweep. That is a problem.

In what order are updates done?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Michael

How are you today?

I checked the Automate Logs, seems the feature updates first the plugins then the theme, if the plugins release the update after the theme, plugins will be updated on next Automate cron-job (3 hours).

Does the Avada theme break any functionality if the plugins don’t get the update that we can try to replicate on our end?

Please, reply the thread with the above information, and I can forward to developers about this.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Michael
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes – Avada will always update the theme and the two plugins will need to be updated there after. It will indeed break functionality.

However I am confused by this. If I set Automate to do updates at Midnight. How is it that they can come through and do another update 3 hours later. If I have this set to do updates at midnight, then plugins should not be updated until Midnight the following day.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Michael

How are you today?

Sorry for the confusion, by default Automate checks for updates every three hours, if you had set to run midnight, it would only run at the defined time.

I’ve pinged the developers for a better insight on this, and check if we can find a way to service deal better to avoid this situation.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.