[Automate] Can't update WPMUDEV plugins

I'm getting this message on the Hub "The plugin is at the latest version." When updating WPMUDEV plugins for the sites hosted on WPMUDEV hosting.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Cascadia Web Services ,

I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

I have checked on my sites and I wasn't able to replicate this problem.

I could see that the same issue happens for your sites in the Hub. I have checked debug.log, but there was not much more information why it's showing like that.
    I have created a temporary SFTP account to one of the sites for debugging (we will remove it after it's resolved) and requested our developer to take a look at what is happening there.
    We will keep you posted.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Cascadia Web Services
    • Flash Drive

Per the support chat I just opened:

Patrick Cohen
    8:52 am
    Hello. How may I help you?

Cascadia Web Services
    durrelljules.com
    etcinstitute.com
    guardiansofthetrails.com
    Patrick Cohen
    Hiya Joshua :slight_smile:

Cascadia Web Services
    labelhoarders.com
    portal.etcinstitute.com
    susanhallenergy.com
    Those are all sites hosted with WPMUDEV
    Those sites fail to update WPMUDEV plugins
    I need that fixed
    Patrick Cohen
    Indeed, I see you've been struggling with this for a while now, and the issue has been escalated to the 2nd-level support team in the forums here a few days ago:
    https://premium.wpmu…te-cant-update-wpmudev-plugins

As the issue has been escalated to a 2nd-level ticket, we really do ask that you try to keep the discussion to that one platform so support staff doesn't wind up tripping over each other trying to figure things out with you.

Can you please update that ticket with this information so the team knows exactly which sites are affected by this issue?
    [Automate] Can't update WPMUDEV plugins

Cascadia Web Services
    That's the problem
    It's taken DAYS for a response
    I'm incredibly frustrated with that response window and they continue to ask for access to the sites, which is not necessary nor something I am going to give. The issue is with the servers themselves
    I was migrating my services away from WPMUDEV, and updated the plugins without issue there. Made zero changes. Then migrated the sites back.
    I'm not going to do that for all of my sites and it's increasingly getting frustrating that something on WPMUDEV's system can't update it's own plugins

• Cascadia Web Services
    • Flash Drive

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. This IS a hosting issue!

Out of frustration with the poor support and stupidly long support times that I continually have to wait on, I started to migrate a couple sites away from WPMUDEV, some of which were having this issue. I was able to move them and update them without issues on another server.

THIS MEANS THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH WPMUDEV'S SERVERS. I WILL NOT BE PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE SITES SO STOP ASKING FOR IT.

Please fix the issue with your own servers. It's not my client's sites that are the issue here.

• Cascadia Web Services
    • Flash Drive

You guys have access to the database and SFTP. If it's so critical that you get access to the site, create your own backend access. I'm tired of bending over backwards to help when I can't even get a decent response from any support staff and I have had to wait 10 freaking days now for plugins that WPMUDEV develops to be updated on WPMUDEV servers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.