Automate error: "nothing's been automated yet"

I have set up Automate for updating selected plugins, but not WordPress core. The schedule is set to "Default". The log page show a message saying "nothing's been automated yet".

What more am I supposed to do?

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

Hello Drew,

If you set up Automate, but it hasn't hit it's scheduled time to update, or there are no updates available then you will get a message like this:

So it seems what you are experiencing is not an error, but rather nothing has happened yet. However, once it does then you will see it in your log. So you are all set, just sit back and let Automate do its job. You will get email notifications when Automate does its job so you can come back and take a look at the log to make sure everything is right.

Thanks!

Jeremy

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

Hi Drew,

So I think I can clear up a bit of the discrepancy between your email and your log entries. Currently, we have a little bug we are working out with our interface, and the most recent log entry's header is not being displayed. So the dates, sit above the log entry not below. So your most recent log entry is from the 29th but you can't see the date.

That said, it does look like there might be some trouble with your Beaver Builder Pro plugin. I am seeing that Automate is checking your site daily and is making the automatic updates, except it is unable to update Beaver Builder Pro.

Could you please enable Support Access so I can take a look?

We have a guide here to walk you through the process if you are unfamiliar with granting support access. https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Once you do that please respond to this post that you have enabled Support Access so I will know and then I will be able to take a look.

Thanks!

Jeremy

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

Hi Drew,

When you go to Settings > Beaver Builder did you enter your key and save it on this page, or on another page? (See screen capture)

Also just for your reference, I am attaching a screenshot of our Automate log for your site, it has checked your site for updates every, several times a day. I just want you to be assured that Automate is checking your site as scheduled.

We'll continue looking into the Beaver Builder issue so let me know if that is the method you used to add your license key to the site and we can go on from there.

Jeremy

• drew_mathers
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, the license key is active, as your screenshot shows. Beaver Builder support asked me to do an update from the WP network admin updates page. That worked, so Beaver Builder can receive updates from their repository. It just doesn't work when Automate initiates it. After the test, I reverted Beaver Builder back to the old version to continue testing Automate.

It is strange that the WP dashboard Automate log is updating, but The Hub Automate log is not.

• jnkfrancis
    • Recruit

Hi Drew,

I apologize, but it looks like we are talking about two different things. Your Automate log is located in the Hub (https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/my-websites/). I have included a link to a video of your hub, so you can see the log there. Our logs look different since it has some more data that is relevant to what we need.

https://drive.google.com/a/edublogs.org/file/d/1fEv2CBeO0Zy7IuP4OOVuRZWprtjb4iJO/view?usp=drivesdk

I realize the screenshots I posted was confusing since it shows the WordPress Dashboard and the Tools menu. However, that was just for your reference so you could see our system was logging automate activity. You would not have that kind of information on your log.

I hope that clears things up.

Jeremy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.