Automate is not working on 2 sites

I am trying to automate updates on 2 staging sites, a***s.co.uk/staging and c***g.co.uk/staging.

But the plugins were not updated on any of these sites. If you look at my Automate reports you can see that there are screenshots taken on a***s.co.uk/staging site’s pages but on c***gc.uk/staging the screenshots display the HTTP login form.

I have 2 factor authentication for both staging sites, so I am not sure why Automate was able to take screenshots of the site’s pages on a***s.co.uk/staging only.

Why was Automate able to login to one site and not to the other?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Karen,

Our team were able to notice the following error:

Update error: dashboard_missing - Unexpected response. This may be temporary but if it continues please make sure that you have the latest Dashboard plugin installed and activated on this website.

Which might be the reason for the updates to not work, for some odd reason these staging sites aren’t allowing the Hub to make an API request to the WPMU DEV dashboard plugin. This could be related to the login screen protection, or something specific settings in these staging sites.

Could you please enable debug mode, so that we could see how it behaves in the staging site. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG', true);
    define('WPMUDEV_API_DEBUG_ALL', true);

After making the above changes, and once the issue is replicated again, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.