Automated & Ad-Hoc emails to members

I would like a way to send an email to all of the users in our membership site. The only current way to email them is when they move from one level subscription to the next.

We are using the following plugins:

- WPMU Membership
- Buddypress
- Forums

I noticed you have a few plugins available such as Mass Emailer, but I just wanted to check which plugin would be best for my circumstances.

We would like to be able to send both ad-hoc and also automated emails to users.

Example - When we post a news item we want to also email all our members saying there is a news update. For this we want to send an ad-hoc email.

Example - An automated email is sent to a user a few days after joining and subscribing, asking how they are going with the fitness workouts.

Example - An automated email is sent to a user that has registered but not paid. This email will have instructions showing them how to login and make payment.

If there is a plugin that suits all of the circumstances above that would be great! Please advise :slight_smile:

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Example - When we post a news item we want to also email all our members saying there is a news update. For this we want to send an ad-hoc email.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/ should be able to do that for you.

Example - An automated email is sent to a user a few days after joining and subscribing, asking how they are going with the fitness workouts.

After subscribing email can be taken care of by Membership plugin communications option I believe. It allows after a subscritpion is paid email.

Example - An automated email is sent to a user that has registered but not paid. This email will have instructions showing them how to login and make payment.

Automessage plugin : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/automatic-follow-up-emails-for-new-users/

If there is a plugin that suits all of the circumstances above that would be great! Please advise :slight_smile:

No a single plugin which could do that as a whole. But you can use the different combinations in order to do that as I suggested above :slight_smile:

PS : We also have : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/ which you can use for getting people subscribed to the posts which would be open to general public (good to create an audience)

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Jordan

Thanks for your response!

Using the Automessage plugin, is it possible to send only to users that have not paid? I'm looking at the settings at the moment and it looks like it only gives the option to send to all new users. If some users have paid and are receiving an email about payment, they may get confused.

Also, in E-Newsletter, how do I send to only paid members with a current subscription?

Thanks!

• PC

Found out why - when I activated a theme for the newsletter, it's activated that theme as the whole wordpress theme instead of just the newsletter theme?

Not sure how you activated that theme but that should not apply to the whole site.

Sorry for the delay here, Can you advise where we are on this issue ?

Using the Automessage plugin, is it possible to send only to users that have not paid? I'm looking at the settings at the moment and it looks like it only gives the option to send to all new users. If some users have paid and are receiving an email about payment, they may get confused.

Unfortunately no. It doesn't allow that.

Also, in E-Newsletter, how do I send to only paid members with a current subscription?

You can do it this way.

Create a new role on your site and associate that Role with the Membership plugin's access levels. So whenever a user buys the subscription, that role is assigned to that user.

Then using Enewsletter plugin you can send a newsletter to all users on that role as it allows that.

Membership plugin's communication option allows you to send auto emails to the users x days after a subscription is paid. So you can add multiple messages to be sent x, y , z days after a subscription is paid and that should do it.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.