automated email for new members on membership 2 pro

I have amended the welcome email for new members but it is not showing on new members emails. I have saved the changes and the changes appear on the dashboard but the old email is being sent out. how do I fix this?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sean,

I tried to replicate this issue on my lab site, but the changed e-mail is the same in dashboard and in the message for the client.
    Can you confirm that both e-mails (copy for the administrator and one for the new member) are the same (old one)?
    Because your site is in live mode I can't test it as the new member so it would be great if you could check this with new actual member.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Sean
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

that's what I am saying. I amended the old email. the only email you can see in dashboard is the amended (new one) yet every new member is receiving the old email which I cant figure out

eg the old one is below - note there is no reference to legal documents and the discount awarded for legal documents to members

Thank you for registering with My Legal Club!
    Here are a few tips to help you get the most from our website.
    • Visit http://www.mylegalclub.co.uk and save it to your favourites or set it as your homepage. This is easily done by clicking the Tools button on your internet homepage and then click Internet options. On the General tab, under Home page, enter http://www.mylegalclub.co.uk to set as a home page. Click Apply, and then tap or click OK.
    • Start saving £’s each month by using you’re my Legal Club Reward Scheme. Sign in to My Legal Club and register for My Legal Club Reward Scheme. We would recommend using your email address as your username and the same password that you have used for your My Legal Club account.
    • Anytime you wish to purchase something check the My Legal Club Reward Scheme first to see how much money you could save!
    • If you, a friend or family member require a solicitor or legal advice remember the benefits members receive by accessing a solicitor via My Legal Club!
    If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact us!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sean,

W3 Total cache, Super Cache, WP rocket, I think cloud flare also have cache options. Some hosting also have own cache on servers.
    If yes, disable all of it.
    Also, can you enable debug mode in the WordPress and then try again to save the templates of the emails. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Sean

Apologies after a lot of messing about the site is working - I still cant get the amended email which is showing to be sent out to new subscribers. Has the developer of M2P said anything about this?

If I follow the above action points could there be any side affects that affect any other matters on my site? Am I taking a risk in doing it?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sean,

If I follow the above action points could there be any side affects that affect any other matters on my site? Am I taking a risk in doing it?

Turning on the debug will not break anything.

Can you tell me if you upgraded from other Membership version? Like from free version or the previous version of the Membership?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Sean,

Make backup of your site before making any changes. You will be updating Membership 2 pro to new version, there is no switch from old plugin to new one.
    I've updated Membership 2 Pro without any problems to this version. But with the backup you will be safe in any case.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Sean

guys sorry for the delay in responding. this is causing me a huge problem now. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT I CAN NOT START THE BUSINESS WITHOUT AMENDING THIS EMAIL.
    I have updated M2P recently with the last update. I have amended the email in 2 locations -
    1) in membership - automated email responses - re saving and trying to re load the template
    2) by using settings and then selecting automated email responses

I have tried reloading everything I can think of. No Cache is running at all on the plug ins.

the only thing I have not done is the below - that you recommended earlier - I am a bit of a novice and don't know how to do it if I am honest.

W3 Total cache, Super Cache, WP rocket, I think cloud flare also have cache options. Some hosting also have own cache on servers.
    If yes, disable all of it.
    Also, can you enable debug mode in the WordPress and then try again to save the templates of the emails. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Sean

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, lemme describe the current situation from my understanding:

You have created email content, it's going to users. Now you have changed the email content, and sent again, but this time, the updated email is not going to users, users are getting the previous amendment, right? What about you edit content for the 3rd time and check which version the users are getting, the 1st one, or the 2nd one or the final one?

Well, in normal situation, this is totally unlikely. Something must have saved the first/second amendment you made on your email comment and sending that version.

If you are really in a rush, you can use "Automessage" plugin from us. It does exactly the same thing for you but you will get more options in it.

If you still have enough time for us to find the reason behind it, would you mind allowing support access again so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Sean

sorry for the delay in responding.

I will ensure support access now so you can view it yourself. I have run out of emails to test the account with so I have no idea of what is being sent unless someone else joins for free.

please can you review and let me know

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Sean

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I just logged in with Support Access and confirming that the issue is happening in your site. I tried to update the email content, it was even saved. But still the old email content is being emailed.

However, this has already been informed to the Developer and most probably it's causing by the PHP version of your server. Can you please check your server PHP version? I assume, it's PHP 5.2 . If yes, can you please update your server PHP version to at least 5.5 and check if the issue is gone after updating PHP?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.