Automatic billing in prosites and whmcs instead of invoice billing

I'm working the WHMCS integration with prosites. Client gets a free website and then has the choice to upgrade to premium accounts.

Billing is being handled through whmcs billing, which runs on a cron job through my reseller account every 24 hours. so when I sell a domain or hosting or a sub-domain or a prosite upgrade the client pays via an invoice, which could go out to that client within 24 hours depending on when they signup.

Is there a way to integrate an automatic payment feature whereby the client is charged at the time of purchase/upgrade rather than through the invoice method?

Is so, how is that integrated? Is it through WHMCS using a payment processor or through ProSites using a payment Processor?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

When billing is handled by WHMCS you can set it so that the site is not provisioned until payment is made.

They would do this whilst checking out and not normally wait for any separate invoice to be sent.

There isn't any real Pro Sites integration yet, but this is coming.

Take care.

• Craig Grella
    • Recruit

I get that timothy, but correct me if I'm wrong, but they're not going to be able to pay until they're invoiced, and if they're only invoiced once a day then it could be up to 24 hours before they receive that invoice, depending on when they sign up. correct?

If that's the case, 24 hours is a long time to wait until your site is setup. People want instant access. I know I would.

Is there anyway around this to get auto payment at time of signup?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

No, with WHMCS they checkout straight away.

They select the product, they select the domain if needed, they checkout and they pay.

Unless of course you are manually creating an invoice in that instance you would send them the mail.

WHMCS is essentially a shopping cart where you add your products, checkout and pay.

Take care.

• Craig Grella
    • Recruit

Tim,

Another question:

I'm just talking about pro-sites with WHMCS here:

In pro-sites settings I have selected to use WHMCS as the payment gateway.

On the prosites upgrade page, the customer then selects the plan they want and click's "invoice." That's the only option.There is no option to checkout and pay directly for the pro-upgrade. They are then invoiced by WHMCS system and have 3 days to pay before the site is suspended.

Prosites upgrade gives the option to pay directly on the upgrade page if I use stripe or paypal, but I'd rather keep it integrated with WHMCS since that's where i handle billing for hosting, domains, and other web products. Is there a way to have whmcs take a payment rather than invoice for that Pro-site upgrade, or is that not a feature that is integrated yet?

Also, is there any update on a pro-site upgrade and when other payment gateways might be added?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Also, is there any update on a pro-site upgrade and when other payment gateways might be added?

I'm sorry but I have no other updates there.

In pro-sites settings I have selected to use WHMCS as the payment gateway.

Can you show me a screenshot of this please?

Unless I missed it, we hadn't released an integration of the two just yet. Or is this something you have done?

Thanks.

• Craig Grella
    • Recruit

PC,

sorry i hadn't returned to this post.
    My developer has in fact added some custom functionality between my last checkin on the integration and when I wrote this post, so that was the culprit.

But, I have not yet found a way to do direct automatic billing in WHMCS for integration with ProSites. It seems the only way pro sites will integrate with WHMCS is with the invoice system right now.

Hopefully that will change in future versions of the integration plugin. I believe right now there is paypal integration, stripe integration and WHMCS. Obviously those all have API's that are pretty easy to work with.

I'd love to see Authorize.net integration as well. That is a much more ubiquitous payment gateway with access to many more providers.

For now, I'm marking this as resolved, but if anyone does read this and know of another way around pro sites integration with WHMCS so that it doesn't default to the invoicing method, please let me know.

Thanks.

Craig

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

But, I have not yet found a way to do direct automatic billing in WHMCS for integration with ProSites. It seems the only way pro sites will integrate with WHMCS is with the invoice system right now.

It doesn't integrate in anyway.

Its a feature coming in a future version. I'm looking forward to it myself! :slight_smile:

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Cool, thanx Ari. Is the integration obvious once you've installed the WPMU / WHMCS plugins, or is there something more to it?

Could you direct me to a post that speaks about the details of the integration? Searching around has only yielded a lot of posts like this one which describe wishing for the integration, but not it's capabilities.

Thanx!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Michael,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

The integration is relatively simple to setup, within the admin area of WHMCS, create a product for each Pro Sites Level. In each product, the ProSites ?eld should match the Level name in Pro Sites.

So you'd have the field value ProSites and if in your network admin > pro sites, you have a level called "Bronze", you'd have the exact same name in WHMCS, you must make sure it matches exactly including capital letters.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.