Automatic correction of the quizzes in CoursePress

Hi there,

In our site we have a quizz at the end of a course... It's a simple quizz were people can chose some answers, including one correct one and a few mistakes.

But it seems that we can only display very limited infos to the people filling the quizz. It tells us if the answer we chose was right or wrong, but that's about it. I'm sure there is more to it cause your plugin claims to be as advanced as the other in the field, but I couldn't find where.

For example, where can we find a way to comment each answer to explain WHY the selected answer was wrong ? (something along the line of "Oooops, you chose answer B, but the correct one was C, because the dolphin is actually a mammal and not a plant").

Can you shed some light into these functionnalities ? That's all that is lacking for our quizzes to be really usefull and not just a small gimmick.

Thanks a lot for your help, as always !

DJ

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there DJExp,

How are you doing today?

In the current version of CoursePress something like that is not possible out of a box and it would have to be custom coded, the only way this would be possible would be through assessment and this wouldn't be an automatic process, so in order to use this those quiz elements have to be assessable, to do this you have to make sure "Assessable" is ticked for those elements:

Once student responds to a question you can add your comments in the Assessment section in your WP admin and comment on those elements:

Once done, students would be able to see those comments in their Workbook by clicking on the comment icon:

I agree that this would be a pretty neat feature to have so I'll move this to features and feedback section of the forum just so other members can vote on it and if it proves to be popular we'll consider adding it in future versions of the plugin.

Also, if you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Best regards,
    Bojan

• DJExp

Hi, thank you for answering me !

Yes, this is a much needed feature if you want to compete with your mean competitors (Sensei, etc.), and I hope it'll be implemented soon !

In the mean time, I thought about a workaround :

Would it be possible to create a Unit called "Quizz answers" or something like that, and make it available ONLY to the people that validated the quizz (quizz being the previous unit) ?

Please let me know what you think !

Best regards,

DJ

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again DJExp,

I guess that can be a potential workaround and it would be possible to prevent access until they replied to all mandatory questions as there is an option for that.

To make this to work you'll have to make your quizz questions mandatory, and once done with that use the following option for that specific unit: "User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit"

With this set students won't be able to access next unit without completing the previous one first.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Bojan