Automatic deactivation

Hello i am using your membership plugin.

How can i make it that
after a certain period of time after registration the user gets automatically inactive.

regards,

Arjen

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello arjen_mol, I hope you're well today.

How can i make it that after a certain period of time after registration the user gets automatically inactive.

If you go to you Dashboard => Membership => Subscription Plans and add a new subscription plan you 'll notice that on the right side there's a column containing your access levels.

If you drag-n-drop the level you want to the memberships levels area, you'll see a new panel where you can enter the duration and price of the membership (attached image).

Is this what you were looking for?

Cheers,
    Aristeides.

• Arjen
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for your quick reply, Yes i saw/know this.

I made a subscription with an access level of one day. Users that are registered to the site automaticly are added to this subscription level. i see that the level should expire in a certain time. based on the registration date.

But when i check after that time, it still shows that that user is active in that level and the account is also active. When i log in with this member, i still have access.

I want that the user account is deactivated after this time. So no access possible anymore for this user.

You see in the screenshot, that the membership level should expire on 2013-02-15 @ 17:24, but i checked it after that time (19:00) and it is still on this level and active...

regards

• aristath
    • Recruit

From what I know user rights changes are scheduled and run on on the WordPress's cron. So I wouldn't worry if there 's a delay of a few hours.
    Is this on a localhost installation or on a live site?
    I'm asking because sometimes on localhosts crons don't run on time.

Cheers,
    Aristeides.

• Arjen
    • Flash Drive

Ok, so the questions still remains.

When i let levels expire at a certain time i made two options:

- 1 where the user is dropped to another level
    - 1 where the user is not dropped to another level.

what happens with option 1 is how it supposed to be, the user gets dropped a level.

However with option two, users simply do not get assigned to a subscription or level. it becomes empty.

Because with option two they still have access to the site, there membership should expire and become non-active until the administrator assign them to a subscription again.

So the question remains, is there a way to let accounts become inactive after a certain time? BEcause in previous version of this plugin this was/is the case.

regards, Arjen

• Arjen
    • Flash Drive

I quess you did not get my question:

How can i make it in such a way, that after a certain time an useraccount expires (becomes deactivated) This was possible in an earlier version of your plugin. Now i can not get it to work anymore.

thanks.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

How can i make it in such a way, that after a certain time an useraccount expires (becomes deactivated) This was possible in an earlier version of your plugin. Now i can not get it to work anymore.

This has never been an option in any version of the plugin I'm afraid. It would require some custom coding if you wanted to de-activate the account, but setting your strangers level to not allow any access to content would prevent a non-member accessing anything, but they would still be allowed to login.

• Arjen
    • Flash Drive

I tried it with a "strangers level" but with knowing some urls they sill can access parts i do not want them to have...

At this moment i am trying out a plugin that sets an automatic expiration date on a newly registered user...

Thank you for your help, In the past i tried to get an account on inactive with your free membership plugin, then it worked!?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.