AUTOMATIC EMAILS SPAMMING MEMBERS

Hi,

We have been having a whole host of problems recently with membership 2, but we are now receiving many complaints from members that are receiving multiple 'your membership is about to expire' emails. They are only set to send 15 days before at the minute, but some members are receiving between 4 and 8 emails!

I need to know why these are sending so randomly, as in the new year we will need to set reminders to send emails saying 'your account has expired, please renew' every month or so, but I don't want people to receive loads in between. Is that possible?

Support access is currently enabled on the site if you could go in and take a look.

Also - Is it possible to export a report that will show the status of each membership? Expired, Not paid, Cancelled etc? At the moment I am not able to figure out the correct fields to select and I need to be able to see the different status of each membership easily for accounting.

Thanks in advance

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Carl,

we are now receiving many complaints from members that are receiving multiple 'your membership is about to expire' emails

This is really weird and should not happen. Can you please try installing this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/) and check if this resolves your issue? If this resolves the issue, then the issue is with your mailserver or mailing process. But if the issue is not gone even after using SMTP email system, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Is it possible to export a report that will show the status of each membership?

Well, you can export your full membership data from "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Settings > Import Tool" section. Click on the "Generate Export" button and your Membership 2 full data will be exported in JSON format. But I'm afraid, there is no way to generate a report with membership status in human readable format.

However, this seems to be a nice idea to me. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.