Automatic Linking with Woocommerce slowing down site's speed

While Automatic Linking is active with Pages and Products option enabled, within Insert Links and Links To, the site's loading speed decreased, so the front end takes up to 40 seconds to load.

• Nithin

Hi Guy,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested further in your system, and the issue is more specific to the WooCommerce Product Carousel Slider Pro, and SmartCrawl resulting in the server to cause a time out.

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /xxx/test.thegardenrange.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/includes/tools/autolinks.php on line 401

I created a phpinfo, page which case be accessed via:
    yourstagingsite.com/info.php

You'll notice the memory_limit is 512M, and max_executoin_time is 30 which is low. I tried to increase these values by creating a php.ini file, but I'm afraid, it doesn't seem to increase.

I could notice that memory limit was increased via wp-config.php, but that doesn't seem to reflect in the server side.

Maybe you could check via the cPanel to increase the limits:
    https://www.copahost.com/blog/increase-php-memory-limit-cpanel/

If that doesn't help. Would recommend you to get in touch with your hosting provider, and increase rules to the following values:

upload_max_filesize = 256M
    post_max_size = 512M
    memory_limit = 1024M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 300

And then check whether you still have the same issue, or not. Looking forward to your response, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Guy,

I've changed this in the root php.ini file too, just to be sure!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I just checked the PHP info page created in the staging site, by going to the following URL:
    yourstagingURL.com/info.php

The value of max_execution_time is still 30. The changes what you have made hasn't been reflected in the staging site yet.

Did you restart the server? Maybe that's what missed? If you have already done those steps, and the values are still at 30, then I' afraid, would recommend checking with your hosting provider to ensure what's being missed.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.