Automatically register user for course following payment

Hello,

I might be overlooking a setting here, but when I tested the checkout workflow (Marketpress), the user was not automatically granted access to the course, requiring that I manually close out the order and then manually register the customer to the purchased course.

Is there a way to have users gain automatic registration following payment -- either via a setting (most preferable), adding a snippet to functions.php (also fine), or do I have to install another plugin (least preferable)?

Thanks for your help!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Cortney,

I hope had been good today!

User need to purchase by enrolling in the course. This process will sign them up and send them to payment.

In the courses list, user needs to click in "Enroll Now" button, and if's a paid course, after sign up it will be redirected to payment gateway, after paid, will be automatically enrolled to the course.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Cortney
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Luís,

Thanks for your response. For whatever reason, after clicking "Enroll Now" and paying (via Marketpress), the user still does not gain access to the course. I have tested using two test accounts with both PayPal Express Checkout (sandbox account) and Free Order. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

I did notice that in the Course Overview page, the SKU isn't saving (the box is blank, but it is set to automatically generate). However, it looks like an SKU was automatically assigned to a Marketpress product, however. Could this be the problem?

Thanks!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Cortney,

I hope had been good today!

I've confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap. Either myself or the developer will reply back here once we have pushed a fix out.

If you have any further questions in the meantime just let us know.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.