Automatically Search by Keyword?

Is there any way to set up this plugin so that when a user comes to the site and "allows" their location, it automatically displays all stores based on a keyword search that I have pre-determined. For example, when a user comes to the site, I want them to allow their location to be known (or, alternatively enter a ZIP code), and then be shown all "comic book stores" in the area (but I don't want the user to have to search for comic book stores - I just want it to happen). I also don't want to have to enter a manual list of comic book stores, I want it to pull that info from google.

It seems like all the pieces are there, I just can't figure out how to put them together.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Matt,

Hope you're doing well today!

This would require further customization to do. You can add a visitor marker to a map once they hit "allow" location, via the "where am I" add-on but you can't trigger a specific search based on their location, triggering a search like that is a cool idea though, I'll add it to our feature requests :slight_smile:

You could create a map that shows a bunch of comic stores and place that on a page then use the visitor marker add-on to add their icon relative to your comic book store markers. You could also add the "center on me" add-on so the user can click a button to center the map on themselves.

Just a couple suggestions - hope that helps. If you do want to get functionality custom developed, then you could check out our jobs board as well: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.