Automatically subscribe users to questions when they post.

I'd like to automatically subscribe users to their questions/answers when they post to the forum. By default, the user has to select that option, but I want it to be selected by default (just like it works on this forum). Is this possible?

• aecnu

Greetings StreetofWalls,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

I will move this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and alert the lead developer to the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

How will that be possible without asking his email and confirming it?

If you say Q&A should do that, this is not a registration plugin. You can use any other registration plugins to handle this or WordPress core functionality itself.

I want to inform something which is not documented (that we will add shortly). If a non logged in user submits a question, his identity and relation to that question is not lost. It is saved in a cookie and as soon as he registers to the website, he is assigned as the author of the question and after he logs in, he is redirected to that question.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• StreetofWalls

Thanks Hakan,

In my original question, I did not realize that question ASKERS are automatically subscribed to their own questions. This was my main concern, and it appears to be the default behavior. So that's great.

In addition, it would be great if logged in users could get automatically subscribed when they ANSWER questions as well. My forum only allows registered users to participate, so we know the email address of anyone who answers a question already. Obviously, they would still need the option to unsubscribe from a question, but it would be great if we had the option to subscribe them by default.

Does this make more sense?

• aecnu

Greetings StreetofWalls,

Thank you for the clarification which is absolutely appreciated.

I will go ahead and adjust this for the feature request though I wanted to get a little more information, you are saying that you want them to be able to get automatic emails to their answers? Or possibly and more accurately they are subscribed to the question if they post an answer?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.