Automation of mass migration

I have only been a member of WPMUdev for 2 days but have already learned more about MU than in the past few weeks.

I have the task to migrate apprx 450 stand-alone WP 3.0 installs to MU. So far I have the all the domains mapped and all 450 MU accounts created by using the batch create plug-in. I have also migrated all the themes and plug-ins for my stand alone sites use. "Luckily", 99% of my stand alone sites have an identical plug-in usage footprint, and no customized code or themes. All sites are also version 3.01

Question: Does anyone have advice on automation of the the rest of the tasks I am facing (the hard part), such as:
* Programatically generate XML exports from all 450 sites (and automating the import also would be nice)
* Scripting the pumping of data from the single databases into the MU database, I have SQL dumps of all 450 databases extracted.
* Mapping the stand alone sites to the site-id's of the newly create MU blogs.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

• Aaron
    • CTO

It would take some real custom scripting. Note you don't want to use XML, just xml. You'de need to write a script that processes the sql exports to add the proper blog id's to table names, replace upload urls, and move uploaded files into the proper dirs, and setup domain mapping. Could be done in php but probably better as a shell script.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.