Automessage 2.0

Hi all

Version 2.0 of the Automessage plugin is now out of beta and available from the plugins main plugins page, there are a few extra configuration options added between the beta and this version as well as some scheduling bug fixes.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/automatic-follow-up-emails-for-new-users

I will be uploading / adding a migration add-on as soon as I can so if you are already running the old version and / or have queues in existence for pre-2.0 versions it will be advisable to wait until I make that available.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

@Barry or if someone else can help me out, this plugin must not be compatible with membership plugin. I tried it on a test site without membership plugin installed and it is sending ok. Then I tried it on my main site with membership plugin installed and it did not send any emails. So I tried it on a completely different website (a 3rd site) with membership plugin installed and again it is not sending any emails.

Maybe I am off base but just to let you know these were my observations.

Not sure if related but in my plugins directory for the main site I only have marketpress and membership plugin installed but there are a few third party plugins installed on the other two.

I can of course send error logs if needed.

Hope I can get it going.

Thanks

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@drdave - it certainly should be compatible. There are currently two methods that the plugin can use to "find" users - one is to hook in the WP new user creation hooks, the other is to regularly poll the users table to find new ones - obviously the first is the neatest, but the second is in there in case some plugins interfere or bypass the signup calling hook (which membership doesn't - it uses the standard WP user creation functions).

To switch from one method to the other, open up the config.php file in the automessage/includes directory and change the line that looks like this:
    // If the actions aren't working then use this to check up on users.
    define('AUTOMESSAGE_POLL_USERS', false);

Change the false to true and re-save and the plugin will switch to polling instead of using the actions.

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

ok, deleted the old version, installed and activated the new one.
    Foudn out all the old settings and messages are gone :slight_frown:
    would have been nice to have them imported or at least saved before activating the new plugin version :slight_frown:

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

thx. could really use the transfer script!

besides I see no mentioning about HTML support or not?

also the plugin could use a test button! that way I could send a test (automatically to the site-admin or to a manually entered email) to check if the mail looks right.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.