Automessage: Blogs vs Users

Hi,
I've had people just sign up for a user account and not a blog on my site. I suspect they really wanted a blog but got confused as we don't offer any benefit by just being a user.

If I set up a User Level Message that says 'hey, did you really want a blog and not just a user name? Then go here', would it be sent out also to everyone that signed up for a blog as they also got a user name when they got the blog or would they just get the Blog Level messages?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings troykd,

If I set up a User Level Message that says 'hey, did you really want a blog and not just a user name? Then go here', would it be sent out also to everyone that signed up for a blog as they also got a user name when they got the blog or would they just get the Blog Level messages?

To give you an equally great answer to this great question, which application were you considering using to send the email? Perhaps using Mass Email Sender plugin? or Subscribe by Email plugin?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Barry

Yes, if a new user creates an account *and* creates a blog then they get added to both the user and blog queues, so they will receive both sets of messages.

I've tended to put a link to a faq page at the bottom of all my messages which link to either a user or blog faq. Then you can have the type of question / answer you mention on there, as well as other useful bits of information that they will only follow it if they have questions. For example if you are a person who has signed up for a user account and can't find how to access your blog, then you are more likely to visit the faq from the first email than someone who knows what they are doing :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings troykd,

Just checking in since we have not heard from you in quite awhile concerning this thread and issue.
    Did you get this resolved by us? Or perhaps in live chat or by yourself?

If this is the case Happy Days and no need to reply.

In the effort of good housekeeping I am closing this ticket. If the issues with Automessage is not resolved please check mark this ticket below as not resolved so we do not miss your reply and please be sure to include and pertinent information including symptoms or errors that may give us a clue to resolving the issue.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.