Automessage Network Admin Level

I've installed Auto message.

I would like to use this plugin only at the top level. When a user registers a new website I would like the auto message to start the messages then. Is this possible. I've tried and setup a test website but didn't seem to get any auto messages. Would I use the user level or the blog level to setup this up?

If this method does work or is supported, do I use the auto message in the main site? The email addresses get added from the Network as they register?

Thank you!
Billy

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Billy,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

Would I use the user level or the blog level to setup this up?

You'd need to create a Blog level message for that. It will be created on the main site after network activating the plugin.

If you want to offer the plugin to the subsites as a Pro Plugin, then you should not network activate it.

Cheers, PC

• Billy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, PC

Thank you, I believe those are all the steps I've setup. When I tested I didn't get any automessages.

So with a blog level setup and a couple of automessages this should send to new users who register to create a new site? Or do I need a separate standard form for users to register like a newsletter?

Thank you!
    Billy

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Billy,

Thanks for posting back.

So with a blog level setup and a couple of automessages this should send to new users who register to create a new site? Or do I need a separate standard form for users to register like a newsletter?

It should automatically sent that message. Are you able to receive other regular emails from your site eg. new signup notifications etc ?

Sometimes your site just needs a SMTP emails instead of php mail : http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smtp/

Can you try that once ?

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.