Automessage Password

Hi,

What is the dynamic info code for password?

I’m trying to amend the signup email.

For instance, is it %password%

Thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

This is quite an old thread to be reopened, I will suggest you to create a new thread as the plugin has gone through a lot of changes in last 8 months and so as WordPress.

BTW, as per the plugin usage page the dynamic info you can use is as below

%blogname% %blogurl% %username% %usernicename% %sitename% %siteurl% %systemname% %systemurl%

If you want to modify the default WordPress signup email, you should try using a plugin like : http://wordpress.org/plugins/welcome-email-editor/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

• JCampbell3
    • New Recruit

Noriise is right, it isn’t resolved.

As a newbie here I am finding support is not really supportive. I have read a few threads that give a default “what we already know answer” and sorry we can’t help you. I love your products, but will have to take this in consideration when considering a future product support membership.

Thanks for your response.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @jcampbell3 and @noriise

Thanks for posting back.

The Automessage plugin is not designed to send the passwords to the user to the best of my knowledge but other customized emails using the dynamic info as below

%blogname% %blogurl% %username% %usernicename% %sitename% %siteurl% %systemname% %systemurl%

The email with password, is WordPress generated email and can be styled using the plugin I suggested above.

However, I have tagged our lead developer @Barry so that he can confirm that I provided the right info or if there is a way Automessage plugin can handle user password to be sent via email.

Cheers, PC

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

What is the dynamic info code for password?

There isn’t one I’m afraid. A users password is stored encrypted in the database and can’t be decrypted to send via email – which is why you only get the email sent that once at the beginning as soon as the user account is created by WP.

The plugin @pc mentioned above (or something similar) should be used to edit the initial welcome / password email.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings JCampbell3,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @jcampbell3 and @noriise

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the confusion here.

I hope we can consider this as resolved now as Barry has already provided his answer

A users password is stored encrypted in the database and can’t be decrypted to send via email – which is why you only get the email sent that once at the beginning as soon as the user account is created by WP.

So the best bet is : http://wordpress.org/plugins/welcome-email-editor/ or any similar plugin :slight_smile:

I am going to mark this thread as resolved now. In case you have any further questions about the same issue as originally reported in this thread, you can freely reopen the thread and we will be around.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.