Automessage queue deleting

How can I delete the queue on Automessage plugin? Strangely new user queue is increasing with current users too. Nothing related visible on Cron Events.

• Paul

Hi,
    Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to say that I had another bad email go out last night to my users. Yesterday when working with your support we had discussed that I was having a problem that I had a restart of new user messages going out to 41 users, though all the users were old. Two days of 41 emails went out before I noticed it. So yesterday, I put the next batch of 41 emails on "Pause" thinking this would stop them. However I was unpleasantly surprised that the 41 emails were sent out anyway last night. So now I'm not sure what Pause means. Apparently they were already queued up and did not Pause.

Anyway, I like this plugin as it's easy to use. However, from an Admin perspective for a group of important users it's not working for me. It's not clear what happens when users unsubscribe, I don't see a way as admin to see who are subscribers/unsubscribers and to toggle this if requested. Now I have this issue of repeat emails with no way to stop them. Even if I did not have the repeat email problem (not sure what caused it but that's OK) you need to have a way to clear the queue or remove a user from a queue. I have users that call Support and ask to stop sending them email. But there's now way to remove them or pull them from the queue.

Bottom line, I've had to deactivate Automessage for the time being. If you find any ways that can help with managing the queue please send them along as I may be able to use this again. But at this time, I would suggest that the dev team take a look at these admin management issues as their next focus. Users call support for emails like this and we need to have better admin controls to support their requests. Thanks

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to disable the plugin in the end to disable sending of emails, my report is still waiting for developer preview but it's been busy lately and they are trying their best to get back to everyone.

I agree that having an option to clear the queue is a good idea and I'll suggest the devs to add this in future releases.

However handling of the members and allowing them to unsubscribe is a different story, the plugin wasn't designed to be used as a newsletter service, it's just to send out the notification emails for members after the certain time of their registration, so it doesn't really have subscription service as such and thus no option to unsubscribe as well.
    We have e-Newsletter plugin that handles newsletters, there the members can subscribe and unsubscribe, you have different groups etc. but it doesn't provide automated messages function and each newsletter needs to be sent manually either immediately or at the set date and time.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ivan

Hi Paul !

If you want to clear queue of Automessage plugin - you could try adding the following snippet in a MU plugin ( more info about MU plugins is here )

<?php
    function wpmu_automessage_clear_queue() {
    	global $wpdb;
    	$wpdb->delete( $wpdb->usermeta, array( 'meta_key' => '_automessage_on_user_action' ) );
    }
    add_action( 'plugins_loaded', 'wpmu_automessage_clear_queue' );

It's for queue for new users or just replace _automessage_on_user_action to _automessage_on_0_action for queue of new blogs.

After that open User Level Messages page in Admin area, make sure that queue is empty and delte this MU plugin.

Best,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.