Automessage sending additional rather than replacing new user message

Hi There
Its all in the title really "Automessage sending additional rather than replacing new user message". In addition, I not that there is no code element to add the usual link to the reset password, how do I replicate this?

Thanks

• James Morris

Hello Dave,

I hope you are well today.

Automessage is not intended to replace the new user registration emails, but is more intended for follow-up messages to increase user engagement and for marketing opportunities. However, you can use this plugin in conjunction with a couple others to accomplish this.

Here's what you will need:
    * Disable User Registration Notification Emails
    * Set Password (for Multisite only)
    * Theme My Login (for single site)

You would then edit your Automessage template to something like the following:

Hey %usernicename%!

We'd like to take a minute to welcome you to %blogname%. :-)

You can checkout all the new things happening there by visiting %siteurl%.

To log into your account, visit: %blogurl%/wp-admin/
    Your Username is: %username%
    Your Password: [Set on registration]

If you don't remember your password, you can reset it at the following link: %siteurl%/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

If you have any questions, feel free to email us direct. We'd love to help!

Best regards,

%blogname% Admin Team
    %siteurl%

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Dave

Hope you are doing fine and keep my apologize for the delay with answer.

Can you explain where the thememylogin plugin fits into the workflow? I've just used your brandimng plugin to customise these pages, so don't want to install another plugin along similar lines if I can avoid it?

I suppose that James suggested you to use this plugin, as it has the following features:

- Customize user emails for registration and/or password recovery
    - Send user emails in HTML format
    - Allow users to set their own password upon registration

I'm not sure about the disable user registration email plugin, this seems to disable the admin email whereas I'm looking to disable the initial email sent to the user. Also, the plugin hasn't been updated for nearly a year and none of the support queries have been answered, so not sure its right for this scenario, any other ideas?

Yes, you are right, it disable only admin notification email. I've made some investigations and it seems like it's not so easy to disable emails sended to users upon registration. WordPress do not provide any ready-to-use functions to do it, so it might need a lot of custom coding.

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.