AutoMessage sending mutliple emails

Moved from live chat to here (with Patrick / Support Monkey)

Automessage is sending multiple duplicate emails for the new user email we have set up when new user register on a subsite in our multisite. We have no SMTP plugin installed, but suspect this might have something to do with WP_CRON hiccupping or misfiring maybe.

Unfortunately, we don't have a staging site either where plugin conflict tests can be performed. However, Patrick has set it up on his test network and will see if he can replicate the issue.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Brian

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've checked the old ticket and also read the chat and I think that Patrick might be right and this might, indeed, be related to cron. The other option would be that for some reason the queue is not clearing up properly - the messages are not marked as sent.

I would like to take a closer look at this. Would you mind enabling support access to the site? I realize it's a live site so I won't make any changes without your prior consent. The things I would like to do now would be:

- to review/check configuration
    - to install WP Crontrol plugin (just temporarily) and check the information that it gives about cron.

If that's fine for you, please go to the "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end, click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here once it's enabled.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brian

Thanks for additional information and granting access. Unfortunately, the support access doesn't work for me, the site's still asking me to login. I assume that there is some additional security tool that's causing it then.

Would it be possible to disable it temporarily so I could actually access and check the site? Alternatively, you can provide me with a direct access credentials: super-admin role account login and password (that may be an additional, temporary account).

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.