Automessage sends user email and blog email

Hi all,

OK so playing about with one of my sites, testing out a few things and so I signed up for a blog.

I have setup automessages for both users and for blog users.

Now I thought these were seperate, that is to say that if someone signs up for a blog they get the blog messages and if someone signs up for a plain old account they get the user messages? Is that not the point?

Anyway this is not happening for me. Im got the new user email and the new blog email. I dont want to send out the user email as it says stuff like "why not start a free blog" etc in it which obviously I did and so its pointless info.

Is it meant to do this? If so can I request that it doesnt or we have the choice to seperate them totally?

Cheers

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I believe the purpose is to send those two emails. So you could have a welcome to the network, here are some features, etc, etc. Whilst using the blog emails for blog related messages.

I was just testing and see the need for those two being separate. An option for the admin to send either one, the other or both would be handy here.

I'll move this over as a feature request and ping Barry on this to see what his thoughts and plans are.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Well perhaps have it so your first welcome message to all members is about what a blog can do for them.

Then send the main blog related messages the following day. (1 day after signing up, so that the normal member message goes first)

And keep those normal member messages non blog specific (like about BuddyPress features, messaging, groups, etc).

Does that make sense?

That way they shouldn't cross over so much.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.