Automessage Testing and Unsubscribe

I just installed this plugin and I cant seem to find a way to test emails. Am I missing something?

I also don't see any way to provide a user to unsubscribe. Is this accurate or am I again missing something?

Thanks,
William

• Nithin

Hi William,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I just installed this plugin and I cant seem to find a way to test emails. Am I missing something?

Automessage is a plugin which sends welcome emails to new users, when they join your network. Only way to test emails is to create a new user, and your custom message will be delivered.

I also don't see any way to provide a user to unsubscribe. Is this accurate or am I again missing something?

User do get an unsubscribe link in their message, other than that I'm afraid there isn't any option available in the dashboard because it's used more as a medium to send automated welcome message.

I hope this helps. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• William

Hi Nithin,

Only way to test emails is to create a new user, and your custom message will be delivered

So if I have a welcome email going out on day 0 then tips/help emails going out at 7,14,21,28 days I have to wait 28 days to see if my last email is working and formatted properly?

User do get an unsubscribe link in their message, other than that I'm afraid there isn't any option available

Providing an unsubscribe link is required by law in some areas. Is there any other workaround for this? I would like to use this plugin but is seems to not be thought/coded all the way through.

Thanks,
    William

• Rupok

Hi William

Hope you had a wonderful day.

So if I have a welcome email going out on day 0 then tips/help emails going out at 7,14,21,28 days I have to wait 28 days to see if my last email is working and formatted properly?

No, you don't have to wait 28 days. You can create templates and make all of them "Send Immediately", then create a test user and you will get all emails at once. So you can check all your templates at the same time. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

When you are done checking, then you can edit those templates one by one and change the sending interval from creating account.

Definitely if there was a way for sending test messages immediately, that would be great. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Providing an unsubscribe link is required by law in some areas. Is there any other workaround for this?

I'm afraid, currently there is no options available for unsubscribing in plugin settings. But this also sounds to be an important feature. As I've moved your thread to our Features and Feedback section, I believe people will also love to have this feature.

Have a nice day. Cheers!