Autopost to users Facebook wall

Hi,
I have just bought the Ultimate Facebook plugin as it seems to have exactly the functions I need.
However, when setting it up I came across a few questions.
I am using a theme with custom post types and I allow users to submit a new post once registered - all through the front end.
Everytime a user creates a new post I would like this to be published on my Facebook page but also to the users Facebook wall if he is connected via Facebook.
I can't seem to find this to be working.
Can you please help and check.
Thanks,
Dirk

• PC

Hello Dirk,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

First of all I would like you to start here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook/#usage

That will answer most of the questions about the plugin's functionality.

As far as posting it to the facebook account/ pages is concerned, it will only post it to the facebook account using which the facebook app is created. So, if you are using a single site and have created a facebook app using your account, it will only autopost the posts/custom posts to your profile or the pages managed by you and not your user's

If you want a feature where your users can create posts on your network and have them posted on their facebook walls/pages, then you will need to use WordPress multisite where they can create a facebook app using their account for their subsite and have it post on their walls.

If you want to achieve both (i.e. posting to facebook of your users wall and your wall as well) then you will need to use a workaround.

1: Create Multisite
    2: Allow your users to post on their subsites and share it to their profile
    3: Create a feed of your network posts and have them Autoblogged on your main site and using Ultimate facebook post that on your wall/pages

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• derdirk

Hey PC,

Thank you very much for your quick response. It seems that I have misunderstood the following sentence on your plugin page:
    "Autopost – Make it simple to post new content (custom post types as well!) to user’s walls, fan pages, events, or notes"
    I thought to "user's wall" means it will published on users FB wall as well.

This also means I can't really use the plugin and the workaround is a bit of trouble to me.

Thanks anyways,

Dirk

• PC

Hey Dirk,

Thanks for posting back.

Yeah, that means the user who is managing the site. But looks like I have provided you some wrong info here My bad !

What you are trying to achieve is possible but not with Auto Posting. It will be a semi automatic posting and not automatic posting. As if you enable auto posting to facebook the user will not be able to post it to their wall.

What you need to do -

1: disable auto posting in Ultimate Facebook settings
    2: provide a widget on your site where your users can grant the extended permissions to the application you have created. You will need to enable the widget in plugin settings and put that in the sidebar. Your authors will need to click on grant extended permissions to the plugin in order to allow the application to post on their facebook wall/pages etc
    3: While creating a post the author will need to put a tick mark on "I want to publish this post to facebook" in the post editor widget (While creating a post you will see that at the bottom of the post editor)
    4: Select which page/wall they want to publish the content to
    5: Done

That will however not work with Frontend posting as the widget can not be displayed on the frontend.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• derdirk

I have one more question on this PC.

I have just noticed this field inside the Autopost to Facebook settings:
    "Allow frontend autoposting to Facebook"

If I tick this box, nothin is happening. But if I understand correctly this will allow something like you have described on the front end?

If I can have a tick box somewhere on the front end form for creating a post, authorizing the user again for permissions, I am happy to do so.

• PC

Hey Dirk,

Sorry for having missed your last response on this one.

As I said before, if you have got Autoposting activated to post all the site posts to facebook by default, then it will work fine.

If you are allowing users to post from the backend, you can allow your users to post the site posts on their facebook profile by allowing them to grant extended permissions.

You can however try the below

1: Put the grant extended permissions widget on the sidebar
    2: Ask users to grant extended permission and then ask them to make a post from the frontend plugin to see if that works or not.

I have also asked for the feedback of our lead developer on the same.

Cheers, PC