Availability not showing for a service

On the Make an Appointment page: http://www.officials.wisconsin-web-writer.info/make-an-appointment/ I expected that when a user clicks a free day to make an appointment with the "no preference" selected in the "Please choose a service provider:" field, they would see a list of providers that are actually available that day and/or time selected. They could then pick one of those providers to schedule.

As it functions now, it doesn't show the provider choices. In addition, when I click a time slot it doesn't even tell me who I am being scheduled with (again, the selection is "no preference" with regard to the service provider).

Also, is it possible to select more than one time slot while making an appointment? For example, a user would want the appointment to last 1.5 hours rather than just the standard .5 hour.

• wiscwebwriter

I also found if a user books an appointment with "no preference" the appointment isn't assigned to anyone. When I go into "Appointments" and select that particular one, if I go to assign it to a provider, everyone is listed whether they are actually available or not.

So no one is actually assigned and figuring out who to assign will be extremely cumbersome as each provider has unique schedules.

Can the "no preference" option be removed?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Wiscwebwriter,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Yes, if you want the drop down of service providers then you will want to include that shortcode on the page:

[app_service_providers]

The no preference option takes up a slot so you don't get overbooked but doesn't select a service provider as it's up to the owner to assign it or whichever service providers wants to take it :slight_smile:

Can the "no preference" option be removed?

Yes, you can force a provider selection with this shortcode:

[app_service_providers empty_option="Please, select service provider"]

This will change "No preference" to "Please, select service provider"

Then you can set the no preference working hours to "No" for each day, then they won't be able to book with the no preference provider and won't see it on the dropdown.

As for booking multiple slots you would need to setup another service variation with a different duration, then they can select it from the dropdown.

Alternatively, you can pair it MarketPress then you can add appointments to the cart and add as many as you like then checkout all at once :slight_smile:

Hope this helps wiscwebwriter! Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• wiscwebwriter

I guess I wasn't clear on the most important part of my question. The service provider dropdown is showing providers that are not available at all. I expected that if the "no preference" is shown, then the calendar would show all dates that have free availability. A user would then click that date and see who is available in the "Choose a service provider" dropdown. It doesn't. It shows everyone with that service even if they are not available that day. This is a big problem.

Also, if I don't have "no preference" as having work hours everyday, it doesn't show ANY availability on the calendar even though some providers are available. So that isn't a workable solution.

• wiscwebwriter

Just to clarify, when I say it doesn't show ANY availability, that is if "no preference" is selected. If I have the no preference working days set to "yes", the calendar will show the days where someone has availability. If I have "no preference" set to "no" for all working days then it doesn't show the availability of actual providers who are available.

Those specific providers do show their availability if they are specifically selected. They do not show if "no preference"is selected and is set to not working.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Wiscwebwriter,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your explanations :slight_smile:

Yes, that if you set the working hours for "No Preference" to "No" for each day then there won't be any times available when No Preference is selected and you will be forced to choose a service provider.

If you use the shortcode above then you can change the text for the no preference option to ask them to select a provider first.

Another option you could throw it for better flow is to make the schedule require a provider.

[app_schedule ... require_provider="1"]

This way the schedule won't show at all until a provider is selected.

As per this statement here:

I expected that if the "no preference" is shown, then the calendar would show all dates that have free availability. A user would then click that date and see who is available in the "Choose a service provider" dropdown.

The dates reflect the dropdowns selected. Not the other way around, so it is best to have them choose the provider first with the force provider option in the schedule then after selection it will show the calendar and available times according to their selection.

As for the no preference, it simply takes up a spot. It doesn't specifically select a provider, it just makes sure that a spot in that service is taken up so it can't be overbooked.

Hopefully I am hitting some of the needed points now :slight_smile: If there is still anything I'm missing just let me know. More than happy to assist further!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.