Available appointments only showing on the hour

I have "Admin Side Time Base" set at 15 minutes. I have "Time Base" set at 15 minutes. But the only time available for a client to book is on the hour. The time allowed to book an appointment should be every 15 minutes.
There is NO "Additional time base" set, NO "Appointments lower limit" set.
Why are my available times only showing on the hour? There should be a lot of choices to book an appointment.
What is going on?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Sarah

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

To allow booking an appointment at 15 minute intervals, regardless of the service duration, you must first ensure that the minimum time-base is set to 15 minutes.

Then enable the Durations addon, and set things as seen in the screenshot below.

You should be good to go. :slight_smile:

• Sarah
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ashok,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have done what you said. I don't see an area where the service provider can add an appointment in a area where an appointment is already made. How do my service providers do this?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Sarah,

Just to confirm, the issue with the time slots has been resolved by the suggestions my colleagues Ashok and Patrick provided, right?

(I'd have verified by going to your website, but I see that you presently have an under construction plugin enabled, so I couldn't access the appointments page)

I don't see an area where the service provider can add an appointment in a area where an appointment is already made. How do my service providers do this?

By "in a area where an appointment is already made", you're referring to a time slot, correct?

Also, what roles do your service providers have? Do they have a "Subscriber" role, or something else?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Sarah
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michael,

Yes, the issue with the time slots has been resolved. Thank You!

Yes, I am referring to the time slot. Is it possible for a service provider to click on the time slot and edit it?

My service providers are all "Contributors".

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Sarah

I don't see an area where the service provider can add an appointment in a area where an appointment is already made. How do my service providers do this?

When an appointment is made in a slot, you can't book another appointment in the same slot.

Do you want to be able to book more than one appointment in a slot?

Or do you want to edit a booked appointment? Then, you need to go to admin end > Appointment > hover over an appointment > click on See Details and Edit.

Please let me know if that helps or feel free to suggest.

Cheers
    Ash

• Sarah
    • Flash Drive

Hi, thanks for your reply!
    What I am trying to do is:
    - If a service provider is booked for a 2 hour appointment for something like "Hair Cut and Color". The Color part of this appointment takes 1/2 hour to process. While the color is processing (and the service provider is just sitting around), the service provider could see another client for a procedure that takes 1/2 hour.
    - So, The service provider would need to be able to schedule another appointment within a time slot that is already taken.

Does that make sense?
    Thank You for all your help!
    Sarah

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Sarah

I hope you had a great weekend!

Glad we could help you get the "time slot calculus" issue sorted. :slight_smile:

As for the other issue, it sounds like you are wanting to set things up so that a service provider can provide 2 services at the same time. That cannot be done I'm afraid, as the plugin can only book a service provider for a single service at any given time.

However, you can enable your service providers to adjust the duration of appointments if they take more/less time that what the client booked. That, at least, would free them up to take another appointment.

To do so, enable the "Administrative Permissions" addon. Then adjust those permissions in the new settings that appear at the bottom of the General settings tab.

You would want to grant access to the Appointments page for your Contributor role. They could then edit any appointment as needed.

Would that work as an alternative for you?

• Sarah
    • Flash Drive

Thank You!
    I have done all of this already :slight_smile:
    So I guess what I want to do isn't feasible at this time. I hope my service providers can work with this.
    Now my question is this... :slight_smile:
    - Where is the best place for a service provider to edit an appointment?
    - Do they have to log-in, go to "Appointments" and "Edit" under the clients name? OR, is there another way to do this?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Sarah

I hope you're well today!

Correct, the only place that appointment details can be edited is in your wp-admin at Appointments > Appointments (wp-admin/admin.php?page=appointments)

So they would indeed need to login and go to the admin to do so. That is why the "Administrative Permissions" addon is required in this case.

I hope this helps answer your question. If not, fire away. :slight_smile:

• Sarah
    • Flash Drive

I don't see an area that the service provider can subtract time from or add time to an appointment.
    For instance on the "Appointments" page and under "See Details & Edit", there is an area to change the start time of an appointment, but the service provider can not change the end time of the appointment.
    What if I have an appointment slotted for an hour, but I know my particular client will only take 45 minutes. How do I change the end time to say... 10:45 instead of 11:00?
    I have added "Administrative Permissions" and I did change "Appointments Page" under General to "Contributor" (which is what the service providers are).
    I also activated "Paddings" in hopes that this would allow my service providers to change their own appointments as they see fit.
    What am I missing?
    A service provider should be able to change their own schedule to fit the clients needs....Right?

Thank You
    Sarah

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.