Available product kinds don't fit my products

I am configuring MarketPress so that I can sell memberships to an organisation that I'm running. The memberships aren't physical products nor digital products nor external products that are sold by someone else. In short, they don't fit any of the available product kinds. They are just annual memberships to my organisation. What product kind should I specify or can I create some kind of custom product kind?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Web Admin At Historic Joy Kogawa House,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am afraid, there is no subscription/membership product type is available at the moment. To create new subscriptions/membership is a complex task that requires a good deal of customization and its beyond the level of support we can provide here.

Instead of creating a new module for subscriptions in MarkePress I would recommend you using our Membership 2 plugin for memberships and subscriptions.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Web Admin At Historic Joy Kogawa House
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think you've misunderstood my question. I'm not trying to create a membership website with exclusive content for members. I just want to sell a kind of product that is neither a physical product, a digital product or a product sold by an external supplier. (The product happens to be membership of my organisation but this isn't the point.)

Is it possible to create a custom product type? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @web138, I hope you are doing well today!

I think that I've understand what you are asking for. Are you using Membership 2 Pro plugin to create Membership?

In this case, you can enable the Coupon add-on in Membership > Add-ons. Create a 100% Discount coupon for a specific Membership. Then you can sell this Coupon as digital product with MarketPress plugin

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

No, you're still not understanding my query. I am not using Membership 2 Pro and I do not need to.

I simply want to sell a product on my website that is neither a physical product, a digital product or a product sold by an external supplier. I don't know how else to explain it because whenever I say "membership", you are thinking that I am selling memberships for my website, but I'm not.

I am running a club and I want my store to sell memberships of my club. The memberships do not entail any exclusive website content, so I do not need to use the Membership plugin and my query has nothing at all to do with that plugin.

Memberships of my club are not physical products so they don't require shipping. They are not digital products because they don't need a download link. They are not sold by an external supplier either. So I was wondering what product type to use and to see if it's possible to create a custom product type but I'm getting the sense that it is not possible.

I don't know how else to explain it but I guess I'll just have to assign them as physical products.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @web138!

All confusion here, because we have Membership 2 plugin and the word "membership" is automatically associates with this plugin.

Will you going to give something like a code number to your buyers? Digital product may be a code number or just a phrase - "You bought a subscription to our club. Thank you!" in a pdf file.

In Store Settings > Shipping, you can select No Shipping method as well. In product if you select a digital product and the buyers will not be asked for shipping address.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Hi Nastia

Will you going to give something like a code number to your buyers? Digital product may be a code number or just a phrase - "You bought a subscription to our club. Thank you!" in a pdf file.

This is probably my best solution – to offer a PDF file (e.g. a "membership" certificate) which will allow me to categorise the product as a digital product. Thanks.

In Store Settings > Shipping, you can select No Shipping method as well. In product if you select a digital product and the buyers will not be asked for shipping address.

The thing is that I am also selling physical products too (some books), so I can't select No Shipping in Store Shipping.

Tom

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Tom,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The thing is that I am also selling physical products too (some books), so I can't select No Shipping in Store Shipping.

If you selling both type of products and don't want to turn off shipping completely then don't worry. MarketPress automatically detects and show shipping fields on checkout page.

For example if there is only a digital download product in the cart it will not display the shipping fields.

However, if there is one or more than one tangible/physical product in the cart then it will show shipping fields on the time of checkout.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

I have almost the same issue and I'm not clear on the solution.

I want to sell a Membership to a club

It is not a physical product or digital download, the fee payable allows access to the club for one month.

I will also have physical products, but the one giving me a headache is how to sell the Membership Access and have it show in the Members section

I have MarketPress, Membership 2 Pro, and Appointments+

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.