Available Time Slots in uneven hours question

My question, is there a way to let customers book appointment with a more flexible schedule, in the above case, to let customer book an appointment at 8:15 or 8:30 not just even hours such as 8am or 9am and so on, can that be customized in Settings?

And how does one do it?
Warm Regards
Dario Cucci

• Sajid

Hi @Dario Cucci

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV :slight_smile:

Yes, it depends upong the time base value. The minimum time/duration that your services may have. You can change it from Appointments > Settings > General > Time base (minutes). Select 15 minutes from dropdown.

Now set duration of your service as fifteen minutes from Appointments > Settings > Services > Your Service Name > Duration and select 15 minutes from dropdown (see screenshots).

You can see more details on Appointments > FAQ > What is the importance of Time Base and how should I set it?.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Dario Cucci

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me about it.

Here is the thing, the Business Consultations that I hold have a duration of 60 Minutes or more, so 1 hour. However I want the Customers to be able to Book at not just even Time but also uneven Times, sometimes one wants to have a Meeting not exactly at 1:00 PM but at 1:15 PM that goes until 2:15 PM for example.

So that is why I am asking about it.

Can that be achieved too with Appointment+ Settings you showed me or is there something else I need to consider?

Regards
    Dario

• Sajid

Hi @Dario Cucci

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You mean a random interval between timeslots or your users can decide what time is convenient for them for meeting and select that time ? If yes then I am afraid its not possible with Appointments+.

However you can use padding add-on that you can use to add before and and after service for providers and also for services.

You can also create different services with different time duration and assign them to same provider. This way your users can select service from dropdown and book appointments by selecting a date and time slot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Dario Cucci

Hi Sajid

I seen Members of WPMU Dev that posted about this in the Forum 2 Years back where they been told that this Feature of choosing a Random uneven Time to make a Booking is in Development and should be available soon.

Now 2 Years later and still no progression on that, very disappointing, I don't care for the other Features you mentioned I care that the Customer can choose a more specific Time if they need to without having to make notes in the Notes Section.

Again another Disappointment with your Company and the Plugins you provide:slight_frown:, I am yet to make a positive Experience with Technical Support because so far I have been given No can do answers pretty much every time I submitted a Ticket to get Technical Issues Resolved or answers that where not helpful. Not once so far has your Technical Support really helped me or given me an answer that would solve the Problem.

I wonder why you develope Plugin that only allows even Times to be Booked and Support tells Members 2 years back that it is being in Development to improve their Plugin when really it isn't, I don't believe that it takes 2 years to fix or improve the Features of a Plugin such as Appointment+.

Regards

Dario Cucci

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Dario!

Thanks for your feedback here.

I have an easy solution for you. :slight_smile:

Go to Appointments > Settings > Addons
    Scroll down until you see Tetris mode.
    Activate this add on.

This will remove spaces between your appointments, so if your service is 60 minutes long, your next available appointment time will occur right after the previous appointment ends. So if someone books a 10:45 - 11:45 slot, and someone else books a 12:00 - 1:00 slot, the next booker can pick either 1:00, 1:15, 1:30, etc.

This should get you all sorted out, with just a click. Let us know if you have any issues at all, we're happy to help you out.

• Dario Cucci

Hi Michelle

Thank you for suggesting a simple Solution.

I have done that and activated the Addon you suggested.

Problem still is, one can not chose uneven Time Slots, so when I go to the Calendar to do the Booking, choose the Day it still just shows the Even Time Slots without being able to choose the Minutes to be either 15, 30 or 45.

Any other Suggestions how it can be fixed, when will the Development Team that created the Plugin improve the Feature Functions of this Plugin?

Warm Regards

Dario Cucci

• Michelle Shull

Hey there!

I've got an answer for you, it's not as simple as the last one, but it's not hard, either.

1. Turn on the Durations add on.
    2. On the new Durations settings on the front page of Appointments > Settings, choose
    Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy) for Time slot calculus method
    Detect overlap for Boundaries detection
    Invalidate enclosed offsets (legacy) for Break times calculus
    (see screenshot, if you're like "are you kidding me with this calculus?":wink: :wink:

Now refresh your appointments page. You should be able to create an appointment at any :00, :15, or :30 minute time block. Since you have one and two hour appointments in your settings, the calendar will mark off spots before your scheduled appointment that would cause overlap, so you won't be scheduled for an hour long meeting at both 9:15 and 9:30, for example. An hour-long 9:15 appointment will block off 8:30, 8:45, 9:00, 9:15. 9:30. 9:45 and 10:00, because you'll either be in an appointment or not have enough time for a full appointment during appointments started during those times. Is that clear? I took a second screenshot of how the appointment form looks on my site.

This will allow your users to make an appointment at any quarter of the hour, and it will block off times that you'll be unavailable. Let me know if it's still a bit confusing, sometimes this plugin needs a little extra sweet talk to get it to show us all the magic it can do. :slight_smile:

• Dario Cucci

Hi Michelle

Thank you so much for getting back to me with a Solution based Answer that finally worked and was not too complicated to implement.

I am very grateful for your quick respond and well explained Solution to fix this Issue and make it work for me.

This Fix should be available to everyone of the Members that use Appointment+, you should post it in the Forum as an Answer because I am certain there is a lot of other Members that been trying to get that Setup done too.

Cheers

Dario

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.