The avatar in the community panel is blurry. I believe there is a scaling issue.

Avatar used in other location whether large or small is much clearer.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Yes, I see what you mean. That’s because the theme doesn’t use the standard thumbnail size and so is forced to resize the image to 100 x 100 pixels, ignoring scale.

There’s no real way round this so your option here is to use the default thumbnail size instead (50 x 50 pixels).

If you want to do that you’ll need to use a child theme, copying the file /studio/library/components/buddypress/buddypress-panel.php and changing line 5 to this;

<?php bp_loggedin_user_avatar( 'type=thumb' ) ?>

Thanks,

Phil

• pxumsai
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

In actually like the picture size at 100×100 and would prefer not to customize the template. This template is already on version 2.1.5. If the template gets upgraded over and over again, I would have to make the change each and every time.

The photo used in the community panel scaled from 50px×50px to 100px×100px.Scaling in this direction would cause the image to distort. The template should use another photo to re-size.

Please see the attached, which shows the photos of different size. Only the community panel is blurred.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.