Avatar not showing in buddy press profile

Hi, I have just downloaded and installed the Facebook ultimate plugin. I have configured it and it is working but I'm having issues with it mapping my facebook profile pic to the buddy press members area.

Would you be able to help me with this please?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch.

Currently BuddyPress has it's own avatar system and uses Gravatar.

Mapping profile photos isn't currently an option. Sorry. But I don't think that's what you are looking for.

Ultimate Facebook should sync those up automatically and so there is no mapping required. Hope that makes sense.

Can you run the "Fill my BuddyPress profile with Facebook data" link in your profile (or in the admin Dashboard widget) to fetch your profile images from Facebook. Each user can do that.

That should ensure the data is synced up.

Let me know.

Take care.

• wheretotravel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I thought it should add them automatically. It kind of does, because I have the shortcode in my sidebar widget which displays my FB profile pic when I'm logged in, but on the buddypress section of my site it doesn't show up. It just has a blank space with the writing "Profile picture of Robert" which is a link to my members page.

I'm using the buddy press plugin for Facebook. Everything works fine. Perhaps if I show you the link you will see what I mean:

http://www.wheretotravelblog.com/members/

Forgive the formatting of it all, as the site is still being created and I'm just testing out the functionality before making it look pretty.

On that page there is a list of members and it should display the Facebook profile pics. I had another plugin enabled previously called Facebook connect which did display them in this area so I thought it should be the same for this one.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Which version of WordPress, BuddyPress and our plugin are you using?

Clear your cache and for now remove any cache type plugins.

Can you tested in the default BP theme?

If that doesn't work then please disable all other plugins and test again. If it then works you would enabled each plugin, one at a time until the issue happens again. That will let us know where the conflict might be.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

• wheretotravel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

Sorry for not replying, I read your reply through email and then I was messing around with the plugin and got it working. I forgot to reply!

It's all sorted now. I just deleted the profiles and then re-registered and it worked well again.

Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.