Avatar Plugin returning error msg on mu sites

Hey there,
I am building a site on tutuology.com and I am trying to change the default avatar to something different. This is the eroor msg I receive:
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 729

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/avatars/user/c4c/019 (2).JPG) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 734

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpyCmBqj' to '/home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/avatars/user/c4c/019 (2).JPG' in /home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 734
There was an error uploading the file, please try again.
Warning: getimagesize(/home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/avatars/user/c4c/019 (2).JPG) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tutuolog/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 740

Would anyone help me resolve this?
TIA