I am using WordPress User Sync and Avatars between two sites and I realized avatars are not being synced.
I really need Avatars to be able to be updated on the front end so I am using WP User Avatar. Is there a way Avatars can be synced between sites just like user do?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stephen,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The User Sync plugin takes care only of essential account data and by default user avatars in WordPress are handled by gravatar service. Without Avatars plugin user avatars would actually by synchronized as a synchronized user account would use the same e-mail address across all the site and that means that all the sites would fetch gravatars assigned to that same e-mail address for each user.

However, Avatars plugin changes the way avatars are handled and that's in fact a separate thing. The WordPress core (so "default" configuration) doesn't even store "avatar information" anywhere because the only "avatar identifier" is a user e-mail address.

The Avatars plugin adds custom data and, like any other plugins that extend/modify user profiles in any way, it would require a dedicated integration (sort of a "bridge" code) to be handled by User Sync.

That being said, currently such syncing is not possible and it would require custom coding, including User Sync core code changes.

I've moved this ticket to our "Features and Feedback" forum so other Members could vote for such integration and if the request gets more support from other Members, our developers would consider putting it on a "to do" list for future.

However, I'm not able to make any promises at this point and such sort of custom development would be outside of the scope of this support forum. In case you need it urgently, please consider hiring a developer who could create such integration for you.

For posting job requests, you might want to check a Codeable.io service which gathers "tested and proven" developers. You can also grab a nice discount for their services from our Partners page here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.