Avatars For Multisite – Upgrade Issue

This is what I’m getting when trying to upgrade this plugin:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin Avatars For Multisite (1/1)

An error occurred while updating Avatars For Multisite: Update package not available..

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings troycdunn,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue, it is greatly appreciated.

I found that there is something going on with this update since I personally tried to update it and even though I FTP updated it I still got that it wants to be updated.

I then deleted the plugin completely from my WordPress installation and uploaded the newest version 3.5.7 via FTP and now it claims it is version 3.5.5 as shown in my screenshot below.

Perhaps this is the very reason you are having an issue and we need to get this issue resolved before we know for sure.

Therefore I will notify the lead developer of Avatars of this very bug and see about getting a fix asap.

Please hang tight until you hear from me or the lead developer and have acknowledged this plugin is fixed.

Thank you for your patience and for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

If you’re using the auto-update feature with the Update Notifications plugin, can you please rebuild your plugin cache (you can do that by clicking the “Update Now” link below the updates table)? If not, can you please re-download the project, FTP it to your server and see if it helps?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings troycdunn and troykd,

Confirming that the version issue has been resolved.

I recommend deactivating, deleting, and then FTPing the plugin into place and all should be well again as my testing has indicated.

Thank you Ve for your awesome quick fix.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.