Avatars not working with Membership?

I just purchased the Avatars plugin in the hypothesis that users can change and see their avatar when editing their membership profile, but it doesn’t. Your description of the plugin clearly says it it supports the other WPMUdev plugins. Did i just pay $19 for nothing?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @daniel,

What do you mean by membership profile? Do you mean the WordPress user profile? Or is there a specific plugin you’re referring to?

We list the compatible plugins on the Avatars product page:

Fully integrated with other WPMU DEV plugins including Friends, Global Site Search, Global Site Tags, Blogs Directory, Members Directory, Recent Global Comments Widget, Recent Global Posts Widget — their uploaded ‘user avatar’ and a ‘blog avatar’ automatically display when these plugins are used!

Best regards,

• Daniel
    • New Recruit

Hi Alexander,

I mean the Membership plugin. Because it is stating including

, it insinuates that the plugin covers but it not limited to the list of plugins, as it also states ‘Fully integrated with other WPMU DEV plugins’.

With profile page I mean the membership plugin profile page, the front-end profile page generated by the membership plugin.

I really hope you can offer a solution, maybe even in a way of implementing it manually in the page.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @daniel and @diegoys,

With profile page I mean the membership plugin profile page, the front-end profile page generated by the membership plugin.

Membership doesn’t have a front end profile page. It will create a account management page for the user. But it doesn’t have any public facing profile page. In fact, Membership doesn’t offer any kind of social features – it’s purpose it to restrict access to content based on a subscription.

Can you provide a link to your site?

In any case, I’d be happy to look into a custom way to get this working on your site. I just don’t quite understand the context at the moment.

The plugin has a get_avatar function that we can pretty much use anywhere:

function get_avatar( $id_or_email, $size = '96', $default = '', $alt = false )

If you can give more info of how this should work, I can help you out. Do you just want people to see their own avatar when visiting the Membership account page?

Best regards,

• diegoys
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @alexander Rohmann

That’s what i mean. Let the user see it’s own avatar in his profile page (edit page).

We use his avatar in a few places and we need to let the user change it and see what picture is set for him.

That he has all his profile info to edit in one place.

Cheers

• Daniel
    • New Recruit

Hi Alexander,

The website is http://www.stateasy.nl

It may indeed be more of an account management page, but the idea is the same: People can edit their personal information such as nickname, e-mail and password.

I have already fixed it with a different plugin called add local avatar. Looks like I spent some money for nothing.

Still I think the assumption that a front-end avatar option on this particular page would be supported by your plugin is not that strange, and since it does not support it out of the box I would advice to inform future customers of the plugin through the description about that.

Cheers

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi again,

I will move this to Features & Feedback though so we can see what other community members think, and so it can be considered for future development. Maybe we could have a shortcode that shows the currently logged in user’s avatar or something similar. This would be more universal. The membership pages themselves are created with shortcodes as well.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.