Hey there...
After isntalling and rechecking everything I managed to upload a picture to the server but after the croping step it says "avatar updated" and not showing the avatar.
I've tried using the alternative upload, and the same results...

the avatar does display in the croping step...

any help?

• Mason

Hiya!

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! Glad you've joined up! :smiley:

Let's do a couple things to see if we can get a handle on this issue:

1. Check your server's error logs. Anything showing up there?
    2. Any javascript errors when the cropped image page shows? You can use firebug to test this. (I can provide further instruction on this, if ya need)
    3. Any other plugins activated at the moment? Maybe something is conflicting. Try disabling other plugins and see if it works correctly. If it does, enable the other plugins and try again until it breaks - then we've found the culprit.

And also, let's verify that you're using the latest version of the Avatar plugin and WordPress.

Thanks, and again welcome! :smiley:

*Edit* Also, are you using IE8 by any chance?

• stuk

lol nope im on ff...
    but could be a problem with IE? i wouldnt want to make it problematic for the idiot user...

yep using the lastest WP and AVATARS.

and I managed to stop the page at this warning, before he redirects to the "success page":

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 895

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 905

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 915

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 925

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 935

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 1235

Warning: unlink(/home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/avatars/user/c81/Chrysanthemum.jpg) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/spatx2/domains/blogme.co.il/public_html/bm-content/mu-plugins/avatars.php on line 1236

what could make this problem?

no js errors.

yes there is plenty of other plugins... but none of them dealing with avatars or images...

• stuk

after checking the source code i noticed that the link to the uploaded avatar image is

http://blogme.co.il/avatar/user-2-96.png?rand=ffcd0591ba8227f59d669a7bbf457987

why does that happen? it isnt supposed to be the real avatar link?

one more check i did is to open that link.
    that gave me an 404...
    checked the htaccess file... and the line is there...
    the files placed correctly.

removed all the other plugins...
    nothing seem to change.

• drmike

Please check to see if you've made the required edit to your htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*/)?avatar/(.*) wp-content/avatar.php?file=$2 [L]

If so, where within .htaccess did you place it? The edit may not have taken as the wp-config.php file is usually owned by the webserver and my not be editable by a user. If the edit isn;t in there, you'll have to get someone with root access to change ownership of the file so you can edit it.

Also check to see if the avatar has actually been uploaded. If not, please make sure that the two directories you create are writable by the webserver:

/wp-content/avatars/blog/
    /wp-content/avatars/user/

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

edit: I;ve added the imagecopyresampled tag to this thread if you want to review the previous threads on the topic.

• stuk

the htaccess file contains the line
    and after clearning the cache of the ftp and reopening the file, the line still was there...
    the folders are 777...
    and the picture is croping and uploaded to the server...
    but its still dont show up the image after upload.

EDIT:
    strange thing.
    after replacing the place of the line in the htaccess file the plugin started to work!
    hurray!
    had a if in that file from the wp super cache ...
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    that was closed before the REWRITE line.
    so i guessed the line didnt work cuz only whats in that IF worked... and i was right.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.