Avatars uploading but not displaying

I am having trouble with the Avatar plugin - they are uploading but not showing up. I am on a local wamp server developing a test site. When I upload my photo, I crop the picture. No image appears when the page refreshes, even though the screen does say "Avatar uploaded."

When I check the Avatars > User folder, I do see that the image uploaded. However, when I post a new blog entry, the avatar does not appear.

I have all the files in the proper places and the .htaccess file has the new line in it. When I check the error log, I see this:

[02-Feb-2010 13:21:38] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\avatar.php on line 14

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

• SethResler

There seemed to be a conflict with The Reveal-IDs-for-WP-Admin plugin - there was an error showing up in the avatar column of the Admin > Users page. I removed that, but now only the default avatar displays on the upload page, and still nothing shows up in the frontend of the blog post.

When I click on the Alternative Upload button, this error message briefly flashes on the screen:

There was an error uploading the file, please try again.
    Warning: getimagesize(C:\wamp\www/wp-content/avatars/user/d41/) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1035</p>
    <p>Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1070</p>
    <p>Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1078</p>
    <p>Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1086</p>
    <p>Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1094
    `
    Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1102

Warning: unlink(C:\wamp\www/wp-content/avatars/user/d41/) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1235

And some new errors in the PHP error log:

[02-Feb-2010 16:31:08] PHP Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1070</p>
    <p>[02-Feb-2010 16:31:08] PHP Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1078</p>
    <p>[02-Feb-2010 16:31:08] PHP Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1086</p>
    <p>[02-Feb-2010 16:31:08] PHP Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1094</p>
    <p>[02-Feb-2010 16:31:08] PHP Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1102</p>
    <p>[02-Feb-2010 16:31:08] PHP Warning: unlink(C:\wamp\www/wp-content/avatars/user/d41/) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in C:\wamp\www\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 1235

• pokali

I'm having a very similar problem with the Avatar plugin. It's installed probably and I have created all required folders and made the change to the .htaccces file but still I can't get the avatars to show for any user or blog. I am also on a local WampServer and I get this error on one of the users.

There was an error uploading the file, please try again.
    Warning: getimagesize(C:\wamp\www\wordpress-mu/wp-content/avatars/user/c9f/IMG_0014.JPG) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\wordpress-mu\wp-content\mu-plugins\avatars.php on line 739

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.