avoid member to navigate until the complete the paymet

Hello, when a future member signes up he is sent to the payment gateway but if he does not complete the payment , when he backs to site he is already logged in ( an user have beeb already created in inactive way but the visitor can navigate inside the site (protected contain) until he does log out.

How do i need to set up the membership plugin in oder to make people to login only after the payment really completed?

I don’t know if i’m clear enough.

Thank you.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Promoshake,

Hi there!

I just tried to replicate your issue on another install and was not able to do so.

Please ensure that you do NOT have Enable Incomplete signups checked on the Membership>Options page.

Also, you will need to create a level for visitors and assign that to the visitor or stranger level on the first page of Membership>Options. You will need to set the access level to only the minimum of pages. For my test I created one visitor level that could access only the home and subscription page and one paid Basic Membership level.

Do you have the Free Gateway enabled? Do you have a visitor subscription level?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Kimberly

• Promoshake
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

"Please ensure that you do NOT have Enable Incomplete signups checked on the Membership>Options page."

– i do not have the incomplete signups enable

"For my test I created one visitor level that could access only the home and subscription page and one paid Basic Membership level"

– i have 3 levels of access:

-visitor (visiteur)

-comité ( admin groups)

– membres ( members)

i need the visitor to be able to see all the posts and some spécifics pages

" Do you have the Free Gateway enabled? Do you have a visitor subscription level?"

i have only the paypal single payment gateway active.

should i need to activate the others gateway?

I do not have a visitor subscription.

My problem is that after the subscription page, the visitor is logged even if the hasn't complete the payment.

the url is http://www.aaelch.org if you do want to test.

Thank you for your support.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Promoshake

Hello and sorry for the delay in reply here. The weekend puts a kink in my response times sometimes :slight_smile:

Ok, you’re info is great! Let’s dig in a bit farther…

Your Access settings for your Visitor are very important. You should have these set to reflect the access your are trying to restrict as you stated above.

You do not need the Free gateway activated if you are not using a free subscription level.

Do you have the Visitors level in the Subscriptons menu anywhere? You should NOT include it if you want to make sure access remains restricted.

Just out of curiosity…does it function correctly with PayPal express payments?

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Promoshake,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Promoshake,

Thank you for letting us know that this issue persists even through Membership version 3.0.2

I will go ahead and alert the lead developer again about this issue and hopefully he will get it handled shortly.

Thank you for the report and patience.

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

when he backs to site he is already logged in ( an user have beeb already created in inactive way but the visitor can navigate inside the site (protected contain) until he does log out.

They should be using the visitor level that you have set – I’ve read through but can’t see a mention of what visitor level you have set up.

There is a config option you can set to prevent the login of the user – I can’t remember it off the top of my head, but I’ll dig in the code and find it.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you be more specific? No changes in which part?

Also:

They should be using the visitor level that you have set – I’ve read through but can’t see a mention of what visitor level you have set up.

Do you have one set? what rules are in there? Can you pop up a screenshot? What does the new member look like in the members admin page? Can you pop up a screenshot?

• Promoshake
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

i didn’t change the rules since my first post. When i try to register a user but do not complete the process and back to the website the user is whho is attempting to register is log on and can navigate in the protected content. I can see the user created but inactive.

i have 2 levels:

-visitor that can access only to few page ( hompepage etc…:wink: but can’t access to the groups or some pages.

do you want a screen shot of my set up?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Promoshake,

I believe our lead developer of the Membership plugin is looking for screen shots of the rule settings of the rules you are showing in your current screen shots.

Please advise so that we may hopefully get him back in here with his invaluable insight to possibly diagnose the issue.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.