Aweber form API requiring optin on sign up forms

Ok - I am using the Hustle plugin, and even though in Aweber I have the required confirmation option set to OFF, people using the sign up form are still receiving a confirmation request. I am guessing that somewhere in the API between hustle and Aweber, that the fact that this is a web form is not being communicated. This is a deal breaker - is there anything that can be done to fix this? Or is there another way to use the plugin with aweber without the API? Another plugin that I use has you create the form in aweber, then paste the form code in.

The main reason I use Aweber is the ability to turn OFF the email confirmation for web forms.

Thanks!
Stacy

• Stacy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Jude,

Thanks for responding - I have double checked (triple checked, like I said, it's one of the main reasons I use Aweber) and the settings are "off" for webforms and imports. Actually had to open a ticket with Aweber when the account was first opened because my client was "randomly" selected (for no reason they could give me) to not be able to turn that option off, and I had a small list to import.

I have another landing page I created using the instabuilder plugin (where you put in the form info from Aweber) and I just double checked to see that optin goes through without asking for a confirmation. I sure hope we can get this resolved.

Thanks again for your help!
    Stacy

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Stacy ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Hustle only call the Aweber API, all the remaing process is handled in the Aweber side ( adding the email to their database and sending/not sending confirmation emails).

I made some research and they have an article mentioning that, all the subscriptions " added via the API would need to confirm". Please, check this article:

https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/articles/204029206-Why-Was-A-Confirmation-Message-Sent-When-Confirmation-Was-Disabled-

However, they also mentioned this:

Also, you can put in a request to have your subscribers bypass the confirmation step if they are being added through our API. Please feel free to contact us with these requests.

So, I think you need to contact them to make these request, have you tried it?

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.