back end appearance of scheduled appointments in appintments plus

can i change the appearance of the back end of appointments plus so the scheduled appointments automatically/default sort to appointment date closest first AND so that days of the week show next to the date of the appointment (Tues June 4 instead of just June 4) thanks!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Dana,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I think you are talking about various scheduled appointments( Active / Pending / Completed / Removed .. etc. ) displayed in the admin area of Appointments + plugin.

You will have to develop custom code to achieve this custom functionality.

To automatically/default sort scheduled appointments according to appointment date closest first, make the following changes in the Appointments + plugin files.

Appointments + Plugin File :
    /plugins/ appointments/appointments.php

Line Number:

Before Editing :

if(isset($_GET['app_order_by']))
    	$order_by = $_GET['app_order_by'];
    else
    	$order_by = '';

After Editing :

if(isset($_GET['app_order_by']))
    	$order_by = $_GET['app_order_by'];
    else
    	$order_by = 'start';

Line Number:

Before Editing :

if ( isset( $_GET['app_order_by']) && $_GET['app_order_by'] )
    	$order_by = str_replace( '_', ' ', $_GET['app_order_by'] );
    else
    	$order_by = "ID DESC";

After Editing :

if ( isset( $_GET['app_order_by']) && $_GET['app_order_by'] )
    	$order_by = str_replace( '_', ' ', $_GET['app_order_by'] );
    else
    	$order_by = "start";

Line Number:

Before Editing
    $this->datetime_format = $this->date_format . " " . $this->time_format;

After Editing :
    $this->datetime_format = "D ".$this->date_format . " " . $this->time_format;

Note: Changes made in the core plugin files will be overwritten and lost on updating the plugin and you will have make these changes again after updating the plugin.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Dana,

Thank you for your reply.

what name is being displayed here? where is ap+ getting this name from? - and how can make it so i always see the first and last name - thanks

This is the name that is taken taken from client when he books appointment from appointment page in the front end. The client can enter any name whatever he wants to add there.

If you want to display first and last name there without taking name from client then set "Login required" to yes and unselect "Name" field from "Require these from the client:" in the Appointments+ Settings and develop custom code to save first and last name of the client when he books appointment.

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Dana,

i have this first and last name info on some of my users already registered and i still dont have their first and last names showing up

I think some of your users entered their first and last name in the name field when booking an appointment from http://www.balancebeautyandhealth.com/make-an-appointment/

Where isn't it showing up?

Could you please explain your question a bit more in detail so that i can help you to resolve it?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Dana

absolutely - i require login for scheduling - when it requires someone to enter their name - i really need to be sure i get their first and last names. is there a way to ask for first and last names - or at least change the text in the box where it asked for required info so it asks for "first and last name" instead of just name?

im also wondering if there is anything in the works to increase the ease of scheduling new appointments on the backend? we do this a fair amount, and it is time consuming and easy to make mistakes (i wish it would prevent us from being able to book in an already filled time slot- ideally it woudl show us a calendar like the one on the front end - but where you could put an existing user into an appointment slot - automatically add the worker attached to a particular service if there is only one worker associated with that service, and set appointments by default to "confirmed" instead of pending. I also wish there was a way to register a new user without having to go to leave the appointments plus area and go to the user area - let me know!) thank you.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Dana,

is there a way to ask for first and last names - or at least change the text in the box where it asked for required info so it asks for "first and last name" instead of just name?

You can do so by unchecking the Name option from "Require these from the client:" section and adding "First Name" and "Last Name" fields from the "Additional fields" section in the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General Tab -> Display Settings

im also wondering if there is anything in the works to increase the ease of scheduling new appointments on the backend? we do this a fair amount, and it is time consuming and easy to make mistakes (i wish it would prevent us from being able to book in an already filled time slot- ideally it woudl show us a calendar like the one on the front end - but where you could put an existing user into an appointment slot - automatically add the worker attached to a particular service if there is only one worker associated with that service, and set appointments by default to "confirmed" instead of pending.

You can create front end appointment page and make it accessible only to you by either adding password to it or using any page protected plugin.

Set "Auto confirm" option to "Yes" so that it will automatically confirm all appointment applications for no payment required case.

I also wish there was a way to register a new user without having to go to leave the appointments plus area and go to the user area - let me know!)

You can display the registration widget on the appointment page using the plugin like following.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/nice-login-register-widget/

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.