Back up key does not exist

I broke my site following wpmu security suggestions like a removal of cgi bin file that did not belong there. The entire site is broke and is gone, so I tried to download the back ups and I get a message that the key does not exist.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Kristin,

Sorry to hear about that. What Defender plugin does is scan your root folder, and list out files which isn't part of your WordPress core files.

If there are files which is part of your server, I'm afraid, there isn't any way Defender wouldn't be able to differentiate that, and it'll get listed in the Scan, which you can mark as "Ignore", if you think those are part of server.

Sounds like you have accidentally deleted one such files, when I load your website, I don't see key does not exists message, but I could notice "Internal Server Error", which is generating within the server side.

I'm afraid, this looks more like the site would work once the deleted cgi bin file is restored. Could you please bring this into your hosting providers attention to see whether they could restore the missing file in the server which is making the site to not load?

Please do let us know what you hosting provider has to say regarding this, so that we could give a closer look, if needed.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.