Back Ups to Hub

Hi there - I have been having issues with my back ups not uploading to the Hub for weeks - and sometimes it can work and other times not. However out of 26 websites I have ten with back up errors. A lot of sites are actually small sites. I have added one above but can list all if needed.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Jeanette!

Thank you for responding and granting access. I could log in and check Snapshot logs which tell me that there is an issue with the backup process. As backing up may be resource-intensive, the process may fail. There is a way to fix this, though - by setting Snapshot to do the work in smaller chunks.

Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file and insert the following line just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');
    define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');

// Snapshot settings - start
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600); //100MB
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS',true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    // Snapshot settings - end

Please add these lines after stopping any running Managed Backups, then try to manually run another one. Looking forward for your results!

best regards,
    Pawel

• JEANETTE
    • New Recruit

Hi Pawel
    I ran out of time to make the changes above however, I just tried again to upload to the Hub and it worked ! I actually think there has been some bugs with the product as it makes no sense that some sites are fine and then not fine... I'll retry all my other sites and see if there's been a fix :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.