BACKGROUND COLOR NOT RESPONSIVE TO SETTINGS CHANGES IN HUSTLE WHEN USING UPFRONT THEME

Trying to change the background of a widget embedded hustle. But the control doesn't seem to work or have in an effect in upfront theme. Attached are screen shots

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ben,
    Hope you are doing good today!

Thanks for marking the correction in the the title, I have edited the post title as well. I am unable to replicate this issue on my own site using the Upfront powered Gillie theme.

Could you please provide more details and steps if possible, so we can replicate this issue here ? Also, please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Sajid

Check blog ID 21 in my network.

Support Access is open.

The theme is: Panino

This is a live site. As a work around, I have installed the custom css plugin and then made css changes manually. However would be good if it worked correctly.

So to summarize:
    1. Panino
    2. Subblog
    3. hustle plugin as a WIDGET on the front page
    4. (check blog ID 21)
    5. Hustle color changes not having an effect

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ben,

Thanks for providing more details to replicate this issue. I could replicate it on your site and also found culprit.

You have added the following code in custom CSS section of the optin that were overriding the color selected by customizer. After removing this code from custom CSS code, the background color become responsive again.

.wpoi-hustle .wpoi-optin {
        background: inherit !important;
    }

If you want to use custom colors set by optin design then please remove this code from custom CSS section (see screenshot), click on Apply Custom CSS button and then check again.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Sajid

Thanks for the help. However, what you are seeing is my workaround for the colors not being responsive. I am seeing maybe the bug is that when pushing the "x" to clear the color in the attempt that it would allow for transparency or the "inherit" of whatever it is behind it...it is not saving it and instead returning it to the previously selected color.

So perhaps the bug is that color should allowed to not be set.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Ben :slight_smile:

By being not responsive, I thought that the colors are not being applied in preview section while you change those colors.

Let me take a look at the colors settings now to see whether they actually take effect or not.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Further clarification for you, observe the screen shot, I want to set an empty blank value here. However that is not allowed to be saved.

Somewhere the javascript or the php is checking to see if the value is empty or a non hex number and then disregarding the change if it matches those conditions. However it should allow for an empty condition or for 'inherit' or 'inherit'

That's the bug. Please report to developer.

• Ben
    • The Reaper

Sajid

Also I recognize that the css I write would overwrite the control there, however this is a live site and I am leaving that css in there as it is necessary for creating the "empty" value for the background as I have explained the controls are not saving blank values.

Thanks!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ben,

Yes, I can see its reseting the color value back to default if no color is selected in color picker. I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be patched up in upcoming version of this plugin.

Thank you and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Ben
    • The Reaper

I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer

Good. Note: Bug finding...bug diagnosis...and CONVINCING wpmudev there is a bug...take a lot of my time and hopefully has value to wpmudev to make the product I'm paying for better...yeah

That should be 50-100 points every time, some cash reward system, do you agree?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Ben,

Yes, I agree and we already have points system to reward our members for their generous effort to made our products better. I am sorry, I forgot to give you points at first hand. Let me send some points your way.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.